Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 09:44 AM

I want to book an ocean view state room on the Dawn. Are there certain rooms better or more convenient than others. Deck 4 or Deck 8? Port or Starboard?
Thank you.
Linda
Old 04-01-2008, 01:06 PM

Just my opinion but Aft is perfect because you have the wind blocked on the balcony and you see both sides of the ship when docking. If not aft consider the center of the ship where ship movement is not as noticable. My next cruise we will be on the 11th deck of the Jewel but I hesitated because I do like to be closer to the water. In the end though whatever you decide will be the right choice.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 PM

Oops you said ocean view stateroom so forget aft balcony. The middle of the boat with less movement still applies though.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:15 PM

Hi Beachlover1,

We had a room that was labeled aft, but was really mid-ship. I liked that it was not too rocky from the waves, and near the buffet, just 2 levels up. Mine was a balcony, though. The worst oceanview I ever had was aft on the Carnival Elation. It was actually looking out the back of the ship. It was very noisy!

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Old 04-02-2008, 07:17 AM

The aft can be any stateroom toward the back of the ship from the center. The stern is the rear of the ship. The rear cabins are all balcony staterooms with very large balconies. What ever catagory you book, the cabins are all the same size in that catagory, no matter what the location on the ship. Usually you will pay a little more of a stateroom on the upper decks. If you're prone to motion sickness, a lower stateroom in the center of the ship may help a bit. Sometimes there are special prices on balcony staterooms, and you can get them around the same price as an outside stateroom. As far as being port or starboard, it doesn't make a difference. If I had a choice of deck 4 and 8, I would choose deck 8, or better yet, deck 10.

Sonny

Closed Thread