Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I am booked in a Cat.G-Obstructed View Cabin for the Dec. 7,06 cruise. Rates have been lowered twice in the last two weeks-if you are booked for this cruise I suggest you check it our with your TA.I have saved $250. thus far!It is worth the try! Good Luck!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Hi,Looking for some info. about the DAWN,thought you would be the right person to ask only sailed once before on princess crown in 2006 looking for a cruise to burmuda which stays there and norwegian is the only one I can find for May-June 2008.I'm very leary about taking another line can you tell me your experience with this cruise line? I would appreciate any and all info. thanks Vita
Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

Early December cruises are usually discounted heavily. The longer you wait, the cheaper these cruise fares will be.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Vita-The Dawn cruise in Dec. 2006 was probably the most enjoyable cruise to date! The ship after her current dockyard visit should be in great shape,the crew was very accomodating, the stateroom comfy and the restaurants fabulous. The specialty restaurants are well worth the extra cover charge-first thing to do after boarding is stop by the purser's desk and get the dining room menu for the cruise-then stop at each specialty restaurant and book your reservation for when you wish to dine in places other than the main dining venues. If you book early times Le Bistro and Cagney's have 2 for 1 specials!She is a great ship-Relax and enjoy-after all-it is a cruise vacation!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 PM

Hi Billy, thank you for the info. I called the travel agent and was told that NCL'S book was not open yet for 2008,which confused me because I found the cruiise for next year on there web site.So does that mean that you can not book any cruise for next year with them yet? We are thing about booking it ourselves on line,have you ever done that? The only good thing about booking with the travel agent is we would get transportation to and from the ship. Do you know anything about how the parking is in N.Y. how much it cost and how hectic it is? Sorry for all the questions!!!! But like it says I'm a serious cruiser! Thanks for all Vita
Old 05-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Vita-If you are planning to sail out of NYC after April 2008 you will have to wait a bit more! NCL is pulling the new Gem out of NYC the last week of April 2008 and reassign her to Europe. To date I find no reference to any NCL ship being assigned to NYC!!Apparently there is a lot of cruise planning still in the works at NCL Headquarters! I'd hate to think NCL is pulling out of NYC! I do book on line usually thru BestPriceCruises.com because of the ease I've had with reaching a TA via the phone and because of the assistance. When I sail out of NYC I have taken cruiseline assisted bus to the pier. Parking rates at the pier are approx. $24/day but if you are traveling 10 or more days a rate of $180/mon. can be arranged. I understand that credit cards are not accepted!
If you go to the NCL website there is a phone number available for assistance-they have been quite helpful to me in the past. Hope this answers some of your questions!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-15-2007, 06:13 AM

Hi Billy,thanks for all the info. and talk with you soon.Vita
Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM

Hi Billy,well we booked our cruise to Bermuda 5/25/08 on the Dawn any and all Info. about the ship will be appreciated I'll try not to get annoying Can you tell me are you allowed to bring your own wine aboard? and do they charge you for it?We will be docking at Kings Wharf and staying there which is fine with me any Ideas on good excursions? Do you know if there is a beach near where we will be docked? Well its only the beginning and thanks for any info. till next time Vita
Old 07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Vita-Congratulations on your upcoming cruise adventure!You will love the Dawn,she has quite a following-I was surprised as to how many of the passengers we met on board who had cruised on her more than twice! For starters let me suggest to you to book the Honeymoon/Anniversary package with NCL (The $79 package) It includes dinner for two in the French Restaurant (Le Bistro-an excellent meal),with a bottle of wine! A bottle of Champagne in your stateroom when you arrive with chocolate coated strawberries, a couples champagne party and a really neat photo and certificate from the Captain! Well worth the expense. I will correspond with you shortly regarding your questions as I have a family medical problem currently in progress and have been unable to be active in this chatroom for several weeks. All is going well so I asssure we will chat further! I/We love the Dawn and are considering a Dawn cruise in the Fall of 2009!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 07-17-2007, 08:23 AM

Hi Billy sorry to hear of the medical problems hope all goes well.We will order the ANN./HMOON PACKAGE since we will be celerbrating our 25 Ann. it sound perfect, thanks for the tip looking foward to hearing from you soon! Vita

Closed Thread

Tags
annoying, bringing, dawn, ncl, norwegian, rates, ship, wine