Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 AM

Thanks for all your help everyone for getting my first cruise in order. I just have one question this time How do I go about renting a scooter in King's Warf? The little lady and I are going to do our own tour of the southern beaches and was wondering how or where we rent scooters.

Thanks for any help any of you can give.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Hi Jude,

You can find information at www.oleandercycles.bm if you really want to rent scooters; however, on our last cruise to Bermuda even the cruise line strongly suggested NOT renting them. We saw many passengers with "road rash" and broken bones from using them.

The roads on Bermuda are very narrow and winding. The natives drive very fast, and you are driving on the left side of the road. We took public transportation around the island and found it to be clean, safe and reliable. It also gave us a chance to see exactly how much traffic there is on the island.

From the buses and water transportation, we were able to see how absolutely gorgeous the island is without worrying about traffic. Sure scooters give you freedom, but IMHO I'd hate to see a great vacation ruined by an accident.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy Bermuda -- it is fantastic

Callie

PS We were able to get to the southern beaches by bus...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:27 AM

Jude,
In my mind, renting a scooter is the ONLY way to see Bermuda. The traffic is very respectful of all the scooter riders (and there are lots of them) so if you use common sense and drive carefully, you should have no problem. As long as you are comfortable driving one, I would say go for it! You'll love it and will be able to explore a lot more than you would by bus or taxi. I've rented scooters in Bermuda 3 times now and have never had an accident or any other problems. Enjoy, whatever you decide to do. That is my favorite vacation spot - absolutely beautiful!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 AM

Wow ok 50/50 split on renting the scooters I am guessing that some of the injuries were from inexperence or a little too much adult beverage. I understand accidents happen. I guess I will decide when I get there and see it for myself.

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 AM

Just remember, you drive on the opposite side of the street. I have done scooters 3 times in Bermuda and agree it is the best way to see this paradise.

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, carnival, cruise, moped, nassau, nassua, rent, rental, rentals, renting, review, reviews, scooter, scooters, ships, wheelchair