Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Banned

there is a great publication available on all the islands and online at 101thingstodo.com
this will be a big help as each person as different tastes...some things we did that were fun were: tourist stuff...took a bus tour of island it was very informative, had many stops and since i didnt have to drive i got to sightsee also....went to pearl harbor, very somber...went to hanauma bay (best beach to learn to snorkel) for off the track stuff try to find prison beach, its where they film the tv series lost...go to north shore and watch the pipeline surfers...and our favorite local flavor beach is lanakai, its not crowded like waikiki and is only a 30 minute ride from there..it doesnt have a lot of facilities so pack your lunch and drinks or stop on the way and get some...park by the community ballfield and walk to beach access, its awesome. If thats not your cup of tea i'm sure you can find something to suit you in the 101thingstodo info.
enjoy!!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:22 PM

We take the bus. Honolulu has one of the best bus systems in the world. For $2USD you can take a complete circle tour of the island. You can stop along the way as many times as you like and get a transfer to get back on. You can stop at the Dole Pineapple Plantation, Waikiki, Chintown, Polyneisan cultural center, everywhere in fact on the island. It is way fun and you meet all the locals. We met some locals and got along so well they invited us to their house for lunch and we became close friends.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

We found some excellent options on Hawaii Cruise Excursion
Old 11-09-2007, 04:25 PM

What would I do without this forum. Thank you so much everyone for all this great info. I am spoiled for choice now in Hawaii. I can't wait to get there.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Hey Avril...you went from Carnival Pride a month ago....to a WORLD CRUISE!!! And a few others thrown in...WOW how did you find this one! Have a great time!!!! Still wish I was back in Cabo though!!!

Michele

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
My Mom went to Hawaii several times. She discovered a great book called Hidden Hawaii that gave lots of information about doing the things that tourists overlook. If you are planning to rent a car, try to get a copy of this book.

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 PM

I lived on the windward side back in the sixty's. If the ship leaves late enough, be sure to be at Jamison's on Sunset Beach for cocktails - right at sunset, everyone gets quiet and watches for the "green flash"! If you're lucky and the conditions are right, you'll see it.

...and before all you jokers jump in - no, it doesn't have anything to do with how many cocktails you've had to see it!

Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 AM

We found this cruise as we wanted to se friends in Australia and New Zealand. This was the only ship we could find that went all the places we wanted to go. Can't wait. Jan 7th is sailing day. We are also looking for a cruise to buenos Airies as we want to visit Iguazo Falls. Hopefully it will work out. Thanks for your reply.

quote:
Originally posted by MicheleT:
Hey Avril...you went from Carnival Pride a month ago....to a WORLD CRUISE!!! And a few others thrown in...WOW how did you find this one! Have a great time!!!! Still wish I was back in Cabo though!!!

Michele

Closed Thread

Tags
hawaii, hawaiiinfoplesae, infoplease