Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Ports of Call Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/)
-   -   Bayonne NJ Yellow Cab (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/12562-bayonne-nj-yellow-cab.html)

cousins 07-08-2007 03:05 PM

They told us they offer shuttle service off the pier for $14 per person. Has anyone seen them at this port or has anyone out there taken this shuttle?

drlivingston 07-09-2007 09:14 AM

You can give them a call at (201)339-5000.

cousins 07-10-2007 06:14 AM

Thanks I have the phone number. I just wondered, when we get off the ship if the Bayonne Shuttle is there, how long it takes to fill up and get to the airport? Also, do they have only 1 shuttle. Do you know if you've seen taxi's at the port that can carry 4 people and loads of luggage?

Marialivia 09-09-2007 03:02 PM

I've been scanning these boards for info on disembarkation location for a tour of NYC. I am planning to meet my English cousins next week when they reach "New York," but that could mean Brooklyn, Bayonne, or whatever. Does anyone know where the P&O ship "Aurora" will be docking, or how can I find out?

I have already e-mailed P&O via their "Contact Us" option but am not optimistic about receiving a response. My cousins did not have this port info prior to leaving England yesterday.

I greatly appreciate your help!
ML

cousins 09-16-2007 12:38 PM

ML-
Bayonne is in New Jersey.

LisaP 09-16-2007 01:13 PM

So sorry I didn't see this earlier, ML. For those still interested, Aurora is docking in Brooklyn.

Javert 12-02-2007 06:22 AM

Do not take the shuttle! Take a taxi from Bayonne. We recently ended our cruise there and when we got off the ship, there were no taxis in sight. They told us to get on the shuttle bus and that there wouldn't be any taxis for a long time. So we got on the shuttle and it was a nightmare. It took them 30 minutes to cram everyone and all the luggage in. Then the van was old and barely made it over the bridge and the driver had so much luggage crammed into the cabin that he couldn't move one arm! It was very unsafe. The driver insisted I needed to go to some far away terminal so he put my luggage at the bottom of the stack but when we got to the airport my terminal was the first one we came to and I had to convince HIM that this was my terminal. I finally just demanded he give me my luggage, so he had to unload ALL the luggage to get mine out, which made everyone else wait another 15 minutes. And as it turns out, a taxi cost as much as a shuttle, the taxis showed up 5 minutes after we got in the van, and it WAS my gate!

cousins 12-22-2007 08:34 AM

We got off the ship and there were tons of taxi's and shuttle buses. Since we had 4 people we just took a shuttle- due to massive amounts of luggage. We waited probably 20-30 min to get on but had no problems once we did. It was $14 pp.
Our saving grace was that we told RCL/desk on the ship, two nights before disembarking we had an early flight and they gave us the first colored tags for disembarking...which was a good thing because Newark NJ had long security lines!
We did good!