Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Has anyone tried these snorkeling tours in Puerto vallarta or know if they are reliable?
chicos-diveshop.com / marinamismaloya.com
They look like they have pretty good rates ?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:58 PM

If you want wonderful snorkeling in PV, take the bus from in front of Wal Mart to Punta Mita and then snorkle around the breakwaters. If you want better snorkeling, walk east about 30 minutes to La Lancha (actually a surf break) and then snorkel over the reef lovated there. Finally, if you are looking for world-class snorkeling, have one of the pangas from Punta Mita take you out to the islands at the mouth of the bay and snorkel there.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 03-30-2006, 09:32 AM

These are really great suggestions thank you! The only thing is we have never been snorkeling before and I will be with my teen age daughter who hasn't done it either so we need to be with someone who can give us some direction plus the equipment? I would love to do something on our own can you only rent the equipment or will the panga operators have any if you go that route? I really like the options you gave me do you know aprox what the panga operators charge?
Thanks
Old 04-01-2006, 08:51 PM

Ummmm, I would then suggest taking a ship's snorkeling excursion because they will make sure you are OK.

If you wanted an adventure, go to Punta Mita and then take one of the pangas out to the islands at the entrance to Banderes Bay for snorkeling. They will provide the equippment and also stay with you to make sure you are OK. Either way, have a great cruise.

You can snorkel the breakwaters at Punta Mita for free and walk to La Lancha for free. The trip to the islands is $30 per hour.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
cabo, cabot, cruise, cruises, forums, mita, puerto, punta, reviews, seniors, snorkel, snorkeling, vallarta, varlata