Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:34 AM

I am staying in San Diego for 3 nights prior to taking a Celebrity Cruise on Oct 21st. I want to stay at a fairly central Hotel - close to sights and not too far from Cruise Terminal. I am a pensioner- so am looking for a reasonable rate. Can anyone recommend a suitable Hotel from your own experience - clean, comfortable, safe and reasonably priced. Thanks
Old 03-24-2005, 11:18 AM

there are a few hotels along harbor drive, which is very close to the cruise terminal. hotels in san diego can be pricey - it is an expensive town. i'd check with convis (convention and visitors bureau) to see if they have any deals going on. also check with the agent who booked the cruise, usually the cruiseline has arrangements with hotels in the area. all the names are here, holiday inn, marriott, westin, hyatt, hilton. the lower price hotel/motels are further away.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:18 PM

The Holiday Inn is directly across the street from the "B" Stree pier where the cruise ships dock and the Gas Lamp district (excellent restaurants and entertainment) Horton Plaze (large shopping mall) downtown and Seaport Village (tourist village with lots of shops and restaurants) are all within easy walking distance.

The trolly and train station is only two blocks away and there is tons to do see and on the waterfront. You can take a ferry over to Coronado, take the coaster up to Del Mar, Encinitas Oceanside or any of the other stops. The south bound trolly goes all the way to the Mexican border and you can walk across the border into Tijuana for the day.

You gotta love San Diego.

Tom
Old 03-24-2005, 05:42 PM

there's a newly renovated hotel call 500West with rates starting at $69 per night. it's not too far from the port and the trolley is right out in front. it was a ymca that has been converted to a hotel - here's the link to the website: http://www.500westhotel.com.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:56 PM

forget about the 500west hotel in san diego. the manager lisa mendoza has a horrible attitude and the hotel is still under construction. this is more like a transient hotel, and the lobby is full of them. i apologize for the recommendation.

Closed Thread

Tags
500westhotelcom, diego, san