Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 06:59 PM

We are going in Mid November with my wife and I and our 16 and 13 yr. old daughters. We are looking for some suggestions for shore excursions. Our first stop in Mazatlan is our oldests 16th birthday, so we are looking for something special on this day. We are active and really have enjoyed snorkling in the Carribean. The kids have never been on a cruise and really don't know what to expect. They will enjoy what ever we do, we know but want their first cruise to be one to remember.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:31 AM

Hi bomberchamp, I haven't done the Riviera cruise, but love the Caribbean side. I don't know if the snorkeling is as good on that side, but it is fantastic on the Caribbean side. Another really fantastic excursion were the ruins. We visited the Tulum ruins when we went to Coumel. A visit to the ruins would be enjoyed by your children, plenty of climbing and walking. Another fantastic excursion is a swim with the dolphins. We did ours in Cozumel as well. It has to be one of the most awesome experiences in my life. They are totally amazing creatures, so strong yet so gentle. What a wonderful present for your daughter's 16th birthday. Do y'all want to adopt me?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Hello bomberchamp;

as Penny suggests, the snorkeling on the Pacific side is not what it is on the Caribbean side; the water is cooler (not cold) and not as clear. But it is great fun. And Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas are better for snorkeling and other water sports than Mazatlan. Mazatlan is great for shopping. You can take an open-air taxi to the "Golden Zone" to one of the beautiful beach resorts, like El Cid, and use their facilities (beach, pool, showers, etc.) at no charge--just tell them you are a cruise ship passenger. And you have a great assortment of shops right there; everything from souvenirs to real quality items. And great food, either at El Cid or one of many other restaurants right in the area. I like "The Shrimp Factory" for gorging on grilled shrimp and ice cold Pacifico beer, which is made right in Mazatlan.

For the birthday celebration I would suggest reservations for Sabatini's or Sterling Steakhouse on the ship. You won't find anything better ashore; and besides, you sail at 5:00.

Have a great family cruise!

Rick
Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 AM

Thanks for the replies, this just keeps getting better as we have added our youngest daughter and my parents to the cruise also.

Closed Thread

Tags
chat, cruise, excursion, kids, mexican, mexicans, reviews, riviera