Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2003, 01:37 PM

I am traveling on a Carnival cruise to the western Caribbean with my family. The ports of call are: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan. Can anyone recommend shore excursions at any of these locations that they have been on and were satisfied with. I have been warned about booking shore excursions through the cruis ship. Anyone recommend a tour company that they have used?
Old 12-22-2003, 01:37 PM

I am traveling on a Carnival cruise to the western Caribbean with my family. The ports of call are: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan. Can anyone recommend shore excursions at any of these locations that they have been on and were satisfied with. I have been warned about booking shore excursions through the cruis ship. Anyone recommend a tour company that they have used?
Old 12-22-2003, 05:48 PM

I am wondering why you have been warned against taking excursions offered on board....sometimes they might be more expensive, but at least they are "tried and true", and guaranteed by the ship to have you back in time for departure. Plus, if there is a real problem with the tour you can talk to the excursion desk and maybe get some satisfaction or a refund. What recourse do you have when you take one on your own? Also, how do you know you will receive what has been promised? I am going out to the Carrib. also in a couple of months, not those ports - we will take a combination of ship excursions and some privately booked.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:08 PM

I have to agree with LuxuryLady. We did the same ports on the Sun and I would strongly suggest doing a ship's shore excursion in Belize and probably Roatan as well. You can easily do Cozumel on your own.

Gwen

Cruising is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:01 PM

I don't know why you can't do them on your own, we did and had wonderful operators that took great care of us.

In Belize go to Belize Cruise Excursions the offer X-Stream Cave tubing and it is a great excursion. Thomas was our guide, great guy and full of info and stories. It is a much better trip then on the ship, we had a group of 9 people, the ship group was aproximately 3 bus loads!!! Take you pick, we got to do extra caves because it was so much easier to keep our small group together. Again, can't compare the prices, we saved about $100 for our group of 4...and we were back with lots of extra time.

In Cozumel we did the furry catamaran and had a great time.

In Cayman we a double excursion, we did the Stingray City Catamaranand it was incredible, the stingrays are a hoot and the catamaran was wonderful, the North Sound bay is the most beautiful blue you will ever see.

Immidiately after we were pickedup and whisked off to the Honey Suckle Beach Horseback riding
for a ride along the beach on the west side of the island. Amazing!!!

Booking on your own gives you more choices, saves you money and you get better quality excursion, as least thats what I've found. How can anyone offer the same quality of an excursion when you have to service hundreds of people at a time. All the trips we did had 8-20 people!!
Old 12-30-2003, 11:43 AM

Hey. I sailed with Carnival Triumph in November of 01 and took a great tour. You get on a Fury Catamaran and sail out into deep blue waters. You snorkel for about an hour then get dropped off at a private beach that has beach mats and kayaks available (you don't have to pay extra for it). I loved this tour because there was a lot to do and it was only 45-55$. Have fun!!
Old 12-31-2003, 09:06 AM

Hi Lana,

Do you remember the name of the tour operator that you used?
Old 01-01-2004, 03:08 PM

I was on the Carnival Triumph so they organized everything . The catamran was owned by Fury Catamrans. They operate in Cozumel as well as Key West.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:21 AM

Why is it called the Fury catamaran??? Fury just doesn't seem tropical??
Old 01-04-2004, 04:43 PM

Hehe, not sure. Maybe because it can go furiously fast?

Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, cozumel, double, site