Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Hi Michele. Me again. I looked on Pride's excursion page. We did the Chileno Bay Snorkel. I believe we also paid $69.PP. It was also for a 3.5 hour duration. We barely had any time to snorkel Chileno Bay and lay out on the beach(maybe 20 minutes or so). I am not 100% sure how the quality of snorkeling will be split between 2 snorkeling locations in 3.5 hrs. It took us approx. 30-40 mins. to arrive at Chileno Bay on our excursion boat. BTW... it will be a boat, not air, that takes you to both snorkel locations. I do not know anything about Santa Maria for snorkeling. This is totally your call on how much time do you wish to spend snorkeling versus traveling to another snorkel spot. A'ndrea
Old 04-17-2007, 08:40 PM

LOL Sponge Bob nation here too. I can't watch anything else. Anyways, I am still trying to figure out what to do. I want to try snorkeling but I am afraid of having things swimming around me I have decided that I have to challenge my fears. We'll see what I decide to do.

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM
Banned

Chileno Bay is very calm. The scariest sea creature that will be swimming around you there are beautiful, tropical fish. They don't want any part of you. If you just want to enjoy a relaxing day sunning at a gorgeous beach, go to Lover's Beach. You can see it from the ship's deck and it was quite beautiful. A'ndrea
Old 04-18-2007, 10:38 AM

A'ndrea - Is Lover's Beach someplace we can get to and from on our own. (ie, cab or water taxi) I just don't want to get into the "tour" thing in Cabo because we need to be able to have a nice leisurely lunch at Cabo Wabo Cantina. So just a nice fun few hours at the beach here would be nice. We can play and swim in the water on our own. Just would like to know we can GET BACK!!!!

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

Hi Michele. Check out www.loscabosguide.com for important information. I would strongly suggest (as will Carnival) not to take a private water taxi. I believe we talked about them before. Waves coming in from the Pacific are very strong in that area. Deaths have been associated with these rickety water taxis that the locals operate. They are very recognizable. Boats are usually wooden, chipped blue painted dingys. Hand painted signs with "Water Taxi" printed on the side of the dingy. You will be able to find reputable water taxis. Just make sure you agree on a price and time allotment on Lover's Beach so you don't miss Cabo Wabo. BTW..... ET showed Jessica Simpson hanging out there last night! A'ndrea
P.S. Also, try googling-- Lover's Beach Cabo water taxi -- and see how you make out. You can usually tell by the site if it's reputable or not. Another thought: check out www.tripadvisor.com. Very helpful site. I'll help you check into it once you have success in finding one.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:07 PM

Oh yea more googlin''!!! Can't wait until I get home tonight to do that!!!!

Ok now picture my hubby's eyes rolling as I head towards the computer...turning it on now ...there I sit...(hours later)...there I sit...(hours later)....still googling!!!!
Whoo Hoo fun tonight!!!

Thanks A'ndrea - I will check it all out. I do remember the thread on those scarey water taxis. Don't need that! But for the few hours we have to kill (no pun intended of course ) I don't want to waste a bunch of money on a tour. We just want to play in the water and take home some nice sea shells! At least that is what I am imagining the 3yr old is going to be doing. And STILL haven't convinced the 13 yr. old he can't smuggle the fish back to his tank!

Thanks again! Just think...more to add to our travel guide - a whole chapter on water taxis. Man is this book getting bigger every week. We may just need to look into maybe a sort of Encyclopedia Britannica sort of release. Can you imagine the volumes!!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 PM

Diana - have you whittled down any of the excursions yet??? What are you thinking about. That Pirate Ship sounded really fun. I would like to do that if we ever take this cruise a second time. Just can't fit it in this time. I can't wait until you get back to hear about the cruise!

We have a nice salt water tank at home and I would like to fit some "fun" snorkeling in too to see all the fish. And of course I HAVE to have some photos for my scrapbook album when I get back home. I'm a scrapbooker and you can't go snorkeling without some of those awesome underwater photos!!!! Already have the paper picked out!!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

Michele,
I can relate. My hubby thinks I'm having an affair because I spend so much time on this darn thing.
You are 100% correct in thinking.... just get me to the beach... no tours. Sun, sand, water. That's it. There is so much time wasted waiting for tours, getting there and back, etc.
No matter what you do in Cabo, you will be in awe. A'ndrea
Old 04-18-2007, 08:31 PM

Have you taken an excursion that allows you to sun on lover's beach?

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 PM

I'm with you Michele. Especially since we are in Cabo for such a short period of time.

Free Cruise Clocks

Closed Thread

Tags
ba, bay, bayhow, cabo, chilena, chileno, cruises, excursions, find, mexican, review, reviews, riviera, snorkel, snorkeling, snorkelling, snorkleing, taxi