Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 PM

Hey Michele, I thought I had the entire excursion thing planned and now I am undecided. I have googled so much and read so many different excursions. Now my kids are talking about the dolphin! I plan on booking by next week. I did find the pirate ship excursion through expedia. I know that many people have commented about not taking excursions outside of Carnival. However,this excursion is actually offered by Princess cruises. I like this excursion because we would be back in plenty of time to explore P.V. It is not very expensive either 69.00 for adults and 39.00 for kids. It includes food, snorkeling, banana boats and a pirate show. You should check it out on expedia.com. Type in Pirate Ship at P.V.

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 PM

I'm with you Andrea. I want to enjoy this trip without rushing from here to there to make sure I don't miss the ship! I want the sun, and sand!

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 04-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Banned

Diana, I'm not completely knowledgeable on if you can join in on an excursion offered through Princess if you're a passenger on Carnival. I, myself, have never heard of such a thing. You may want to check with Dave or Penny on this. I thought you have to do the excursion with the cruiseline you're traveling with or an independent guide. Maybe I'm just confused. I know you mentioned Expedia.com. Let me know. As for Lover's Beach, we did not go there, but we could see people sunning there from Pride's deck. A'ndrea
Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 AM

I have googled SO much I can't remember where it all was!!!! I started writing things down...put now I have a notebook of post its! Then that leads to the endless comments from family and co-workers! Geez won't they all be surprised when the cruise is fun, relaxing & we won't be standing around at the excursion desk with kids crying because everything is BOOKED!

I did see a company that was doing the Pirate Ship and it looked WAY fun. Even the Carnival's trip sounds fun. Can't go wrong with the words..."open bar", steak, shrimp, red/white wine AND a firework show! Whoo Hoo!!!

The only reason why we are not booking with Carnival for the Sea Life Park in PV is that I have talked with the park directly and I know that there are cabs onsite for our transportation. Carnival's price is ALOT more expensive than booking directly with the park...and we have a little bit more time. Just my son and I are going to do the Dolphin Swim. They include the "foot push" too so he is very excited about that. DH won't have to pay the fee for the dolphin thing...but he can come in and take pictures and he and my younger son can watch. And we all get to use all the water slides. Just a fun day!

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 AM

Didn't have any time last night for my "googlin". Hope to look up some Cabo info tonight and see what I can find out about Lover's Beach - or someplace else we can hang out for awhile. We can bring our own snorkel equip and find some nice fishies!

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

If you forget to bring your snorkel and mask, they sell them on board. I believe the snorkel is $5. Not sure about the mask. Probably around the same. We always bring our own equipment too. You can't be too sure.
You've got plenty of time to make your final arrangements. You were smart to start early and do your research. It will pay off when you're cruising.
I can't believe my eyes. The sun is shining and we're heading towards 55 today. A'ndrea
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM

LOL, And I was complaining that it was cold this morning at 63 degrees!

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 04-19-2007, 04:13 PM

Hey Michele, post the website for the park. I would like to get further information. That sounds like fun!

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 04-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Andrea, I am not booking through princess. I went on to their site to see what they offered. They just happened to offer that excursion so I knew it was legit since you never know about some of these websites. Anyways, I then went onto the expedia website and found that excursion that is who I would be booking it through.

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 04-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Diana, okay it all makes sense to me now. That sounds like a plan. I find that you do get more bang for your buck when you book with an independent. A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
ba, bay, bayhow, cabo, chilena, chileno, cruises, excursions, find, mexican, review, reviews, riviera, snorkel, snorkeling, snorkelling, snorkleing, taxi