Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Just returned...sad to say- no fall leaves...most days were near 80 degrees. However the ports were lovely. New London Conn- Mystic Seaport- saw among other things- my first apple tree and pear tree...took a taxi there and back paid the $17 entrance fee and worth it!
Portland Maine- Took the Lighthouse For Lovers cruise $14pp wonderful witty captain! We did not do the train ride because it covered the same area the boat did. Victorian Mansion great! Ate lobster rolls in every port I think! DiMillos was a 45 min wait.
Nova Scotia- Beautiful Public Gardens,Churches, Cemeteries, Halifax Citadel,Town Clock and Maritime Museum- all within walking distance.
St John's NB, we were foggod out- could not get into the Bay of Fundy,
Bar Harbor, Maine- took the Island Explorer for free to Acadia National Park- had reservations to eat at Jordon's Pond Rest. - had my first "popover", a few "fall-colored" trees, beautiful town to walk around and shop
Boston Mass- took a taxi to the Boston Commons and walked the Freedom Trail, stopping to shop and eat in Fanuell Hall and the Quincy Market.
Thank you all for your input as to what to see and do! The ports were wonderful- hopefully next time others will be able to get into Newport RI and St Johns NB!
A Special Thanks to Lisa!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Welcome home, Shari. I thought of you when you were in Boston last week. It was a beautiful day, and I knew you'd love our heat wave. I am glad you got to see some fall color in Bar Harbor. I was so hoping you would have a peek. So sorry to hear you missed Saint John after all the planning you did. Think you'll come back?

(And, you're welcome!)
Old 10-13-2007, 03:40 PM
We'll def go back one of these days. I'd love to see more of Nova Scotia, Bar Harbor and get to St Johns. I think we saw enough of Boston (no offense). I thought it was really cool, full of history, sorry we missed the "Swan Rides", loved the old and new buildings all mingled together, my husband liked seeing the fire and rescue trucks earning their pay (they're reaaly busy like where he's at).
Our cabby from the port $15 to Boston Commons...our cabbie back to the port $9...go figure...someone took the long way there! Oh well, no complaints. Thanks again Lisa!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

No offense taken. As you walked the Freedom Trail, you pretty much did what Boston is famous for. I was so glad for the great weather you had that day. By the way, our leaves have still not changed on the coast, although there is some color inland.

I'm glad that cabbing it to Mystic Seaport worked out. As you know, I was somewhat worried about that, but now that I know it can be done, I can pass that information to others (and use it myself, too, if we don't feel like driving down there). Did you arrange with the driver to pick you up at a certain time, or did you call when you were ready to return to the ship?

Closed Thread

Tags
canada, maine, port, portland, reviews, usa