Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2005, 06:57 AM

Just when I thought we had it all planned out Norwegian Star had a change. Need some advice on a couple of excursions.

In PV we are taking a cab to Chico's Paradise for the day. Has anyone gone there who could share their experiences?

In Manzanillo we want to take a private tour to the Cathedral, El Salto Waterfall and a small village for lunch. I have written several tour operators with no response as of yet.

Although I have gone on several cruises I have always hired a local on the spot cab with no problems, however, going out of town like this does anyone have suggestions on hiring someone like this for five or six hours?

Also if anyone has gone to the El Salto Waterfall what was their experience? Was it worth the drive? Where did you eat if you did go?

Ron and Jennie
12/11 - the "Star"

Edit: Moved to Ports of Call Chat. RF
Old 12-10-2005, 06:35 PM

I have not done any of these activities but have been to PV and Manzanillo a good number of times. You can arrange for local taxis to take you where ever you would like at both ports. They are abundant and reasonable. Let us know about your experiences, as it sounds like I would like to do the things you are going to do on my next visit.

Thansk for your ideas.

Tom
Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM

Chicos is great, and the view of the river is worth it alone. Food was excellent, and you can watch the kids dive into the waterfall for a few pesos. (About 40 minutes away.)
Playa de Mismaloya is a really nice beach and used to be a quiet, fairly remote cove. It is still fairly remote, and is worth the visit if you want to go to the beach after Chicos. Try to sneak on to one of the Hotel properties so you can use the pool or facilities. Just act like you belong, it works. Have a good time.

Art

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, el, salto, waterfall