Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM

Help! My daughter and I are returning from a cruise, sailing into LA on Feb 10 (Sat). Our plane does not leave until 11:30 pm- we get tossed off the ship by around 9:30 am. What can we do in LA all day - with our luggage in tow etc. Any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2006, 08:08 AM

Rent a car, throw you luggage in the back and head out for some great touring. Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, the Hollywood Bowl, the beaches, the Spruce Goose, the Queen Mary, Knotts Berry Farms, Disney World, the Crystal Cathedral, Universal Studios, the list is endless. Have a great time!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pokey:
Help! My daughter and I are returning from a cruise, sailing into LA on Feb 10 (Sat). Our plane does not leave until 11:30 pm- we get tossed off the ship by around 9:30 am. What can we do in LA all day - with our luggage in tow etc. Any suggestions?
Old 11-25-2006, 10:53 PM

Hi

I live in the LA area, and agree it is a good idea to rent a car, but allow twice the amount of time you think you need to get to the airport. Traffic can be a real BIT&* at times and planes won't wait for you...
Old 12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
You might look into a Gray Line sightseeing tour leaving from one of the many hotels near the airport; you might even want to check into a room so you can relax and freshen up for the flight home. All of penny3333's suggestions are good, but let somebody else do the driving unless you are familiar with Los Angeles. (The Spruce Goose is no longer here--the hangar is now a Carnival Cruise terminal)
Whatever you do, have a great time!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:28 AM

It depends what you like to do. A nice end to a cruise week would be a day on the Venice beach, with street performers, lots of tatoo shops, and nice things to eat. Very close to the airport.

LA has great museums, LA Museum of Art is great but my favorite is the Museum of Jurrastic Technology. Its a museum of odd things you will see nowhere else. Drive a few blocks down to Little Ethiopia and have a meal you will never forget at one of the Ethiopian restaurants. They all offer both meat and vegitarian choices.

But you really need to rent a car, for the luggage, and LA public transportation is not the best.

Closed Thread