Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 05:24 PM

I'll be docking at King's Wharf and want to go to the beach for the day. I'll be traveling by ferry or bus from the pier. I don't mind a ride because we got all day & night. What's the best beach I can go to where I can rent, chairs, eat lunch etc ? We like to walk the beach, so a recommenadation for a long beach would be great.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:24 PM

I'll be docking at King's Wharf and want to go to the beach for the day. I'll be traveling by ferry or bus from the pier. I don't mind a ride because we got all day & night. What's the best beach I can go to where I can rent, chairs, eat lunch etc ? We like to walk the beach, so a recommenadation for a long beach would be great.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 AM

babsdean,
I have 3 absolute favorites in Bermuda, Elbow Beach, Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay - all for different reasons. The one that would best suit your qualifications would be Elbow Beach. If you want to do some excellent snorkeling in shallow, calm protected waters - go to Tobacco Bay. Horsehoe Bay is the most picturesque. There are pictures and information about each on our sister site http://www.portreviews.com. Here is the link to the Bermuda site: http://www.bermudaportreviews.com/index.htm

You will need to click on Hamilton and St. George's to find out about the beaches, as there are none I would recommend on King's Wharf.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-18-2005, 06:51 PM

Thanks Nancy!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 PM

My personal favorite is Horeshoe Bay....it's just so beautiful last year we stayed at the Southampton Princess just so we could go to that beach ever day. I do agree that the other beaches are great two. Although Tabacco Bay get's crowded.
elaine
Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM

Elaine,
You are right about Tobacco Bay. I had forgotten that fact since the last few times I have been in Bermuda I was staying on the island, and there were no ships in port on the days we went. Good point!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
barratt, bay, beach, beachbermuda, beaches, bermuda, bruce, elbow, kings, port, reviews, tobacco, wharf