Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2002, 11:25 PM

Hi everyone!

I am going on the Carnival Elation cruise with a friend in March 2003. I have never been to LA before (I live in Seattle but just moved to the west coast last year!) and want to know if anyone can suggest a decent but not overly expensive hotel close to the port?

Is the airport near the water?

Thanks in advance!
Jessica
Old 09-19-2002, 11:25 PM

Hi everyone!

I am going on the Carnival Elation cruise with a friend in March 2003. I have never been to LA before (I live in Seattle but just moved to the west coast last year!) and want to know if anyone can suggest a decent but not overly expensive hotel close to the port?

Is the airport near the water?

Thanks in advance!
Jessica
Old 10-09-2002, 03:34 PM

The Cruise ship terminal is actually in San Pedro, just to the west of Long Beach, so anywhere you choose should be right near there.
I understand some offer free shuttles to the cruise ships also.
I have read good reviews for the Best Western and Sheraton in San Pedro, so maybe try them first...

I have not actually stayed at any of the facilities, so I cannot give first-hand data- maybe some of the other readers will add their info.
Seaneen
Old 10-09-2002, 03:39 PM

Missed your second question!

LAX is about 18 miles from the port, up the shoreline, and about 1+ hours out depending on traffic.
Shuttle service may be available from any hotel, and if not, it is averaging ~$30 round-trip.

Long Beach airport is about 12-15 miles away, on the far north-east side of the city of Long Beach.
Shuttle service is just as expensive! However, I understand they have some free or inexpensive public transportation for the actual Long Beach area if you choose to stay in that town.

Either way, you will end up paying for a shuttle back to the airport... I believe that the fare offered by the cruise company is competitive for this, and it might be easier to use them since the time you disembark is rather *liquid* these days...
S
Old 10-30-2002, 02:53 PM

stay at the hilton in San Pedro. They have shuttles. 1O minutes to the terminal. They have a gym, a pool a nice bar of course and even washing machines dowstairs if you need to get ready for the cruise
Old 10-30-2002, 02:54 PM

forgot to mention...shuttles are free
Old 12-04-2002, 06:42 AM

Jessica,
I didn't get if yur were flying into LA. On Airport Blvd, there is a Sheraton right near the airport. I just took the Ecstasy ast week. I live in Texas, took the Carnival Shuttle to the Ship. Stayed in a Hotel which took me to the Shuttle @LAX. Worked great Generally $30.00rd/tr. They were there waiting for me.

Closed Thread