Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Any recommendations for getting from the Carnival cruise line pier to Miami Airport? I know cruise line has transportation but if we book the 11:20 AM flight, Carnival won't take us. Is that flight too early? We've disembarked beginning at 8AM on other cruises and made our connections fine, but cruise line buses were ready.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:18 PM

Janwee,

Welcome to cruise chat! You could share a taxi with someone else wanting to get to the airport. That's what I would do.

Ken
Old 02-26-2007, 06:13 AM

Thanks Ken. I have no idea how far it is from pier to airport and we are sending our son and two grandchildren, so wanted to know approx. dollar amount so we could take care of it. Don't know if different taxi companies charge different rates, etc. Had heard of vans but guessing there are always taxis on hand.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by janwee:
Thanks Ken. I have no idea how far it is from pier to airport and we are sending our son and two grandchildren, so wanted to know approx. dollar amount so we could take care of it. Don't know if different taxi companies charge different rates, etc. Had heard of vans but guessing there are always taxis on hand.
It is about $25. plus tip unless you find the airport shuttle and it is a $18. pp charge I think.

I would arrange a private transfer to the airport. It took us 45 mins to snag a cab on debarkation day & we were on a small ship so I can immagine a large ship in port and people fighting for cabs.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 03-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Call Carnival and ask what is the earliest flight they would recommend. RCI told us not before 12:30 on our cruise/flight time. The traffic is terrible- MIA is a huge/busy airport.
When you board the ship let them know you have an early flight so you can be one of the first ones off. You may want to carry your own bags off to off early also.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:03 AM

Thanks for all the advice. Everything worked out fine, son was able to get a later flight so all 14 of us are taking the cruise line bus to the airport. So relieved! It is $13.00 per person, so really the cheapest way to get there too.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Try this link:
http://www.portofmiamishuttle.com

Personally, I have never used them, but they appear to be a decent alternative. We are sailing on Brillance of the Seas (RCCL) on 4/6/2007 and I have already called them. They say they can take us to our ship and then be available when we return on 4/16/2007. We, too have an early 11:40 AM Miami flight and they said they will be at the pier and ready for us.

Again, not an endorsement of any sort, just an alternative I am pointing out.

Dolby1000

If someone does use them, can you post a report here?
Thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by janwee:
Thanks for all the advice. Everything worked out fine, son was able to get a later flight so all 14 of us are taking the cruise line bus to the airport. So relieved! It is $13.00 per person, so really the cheapest way to get there too.
The taxi is $24 and you can fit up to 4 people (depending on how much luggage you have). And the price is the same for a van taxi - so I took a van taxi and split the fare with 6 people so it came out to $4/person one way. Tip was extra.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, call, carnival, cost, fare, going, mia, miami, miamiu, peir, pier, port, taxi, transfer, transport, van