Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Ports of Call Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/)
-   -   Port Everglades (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/19110-port-everglades.html)

RichC 04-24-2008 10:45 AM

Does anyone have a web site that shows the ships that will be in Port Everglades on Nov 6 th. ?

RichC 04-24-2008 10:45 AM

Does anyone have a web site that shows the ships that will be in Port Everglades on Nov 6 th. ?

TrvlPro 04-24-2008 11:22 AM

Only two departures on Nov. 6th from FLL.

Nov 6 Fort Lauderdale, FL Royal Caribbean / Enchantment of the Seas

Nov 6 Fort Lauderdale, FL Princess / Island Princess

penny3333 04-24-2008 11:27 AM

Here is a link for the port. Towards the bottom of the page is a link for a .pdf for the Cruise Ship Calendar. It only went up to September 2008. I don't know if they will be updating it. It looks like they're rebuilding their website. The new one doesn't have anything like a calendar that I could find. There is a contact us link on the page, you might be able to see if they're going to come up with a new calendar.

RichC 04-24-2008 12:00 PM

Thanks Guys, I tried to find it for quite a while with no luck. We'll we arriving on back on the Island P Nov 6 th & the Cruise Connection bus service didn't get notification from Princess that they'll be arriving back. Strange. TrvPro- The only way I could come up with the same info you found is to query on a TA site & look for ship leaving on that date. Otherwise the site Penny3333 found just goes to Sept 2008. Either way every-thing's straight now.

TrvlPro 04-24-2008 12:45 PM

RichC, none of my business but I wouldn't do transfers for FLL. The pier is just 2 miles from the airport and the cruiseline and transfer companies chager per person rates. For that 2 miles I think you find it faster and lower cost to take a cab. Also, less chance that way of lost/delayed luggage and other issues that from time to time crop up with transfers. Just my opinion.

Cheers, Neil

penny3333 04-24-2008 01:08 PM

I think Cruise Connection offers service in Florida to the ports, if I'm not mistaken. I've talked to people who live in Ft. Myers, Naples, West Palm, etc. on board. They take the bus from their home town to the port and back home. It saves them from having to drive and from having to pay parking rates at the port. It's a great idea if you don't live more than a few hours away.

f-mattox 04-24-2008 01:21 PM

Neil, I have to agree with you. We used the Princess transfer to the ship April 6. First, we had to wait in the baggage claim area until everybody on the list was accounted for and had his luggage; then a fairly long walk to the bus hauling our own luggage (had to rent a cart for $3.00); then we had to wait on the bus while one guy (the driver) loaded all the luggage on the bus.

Next time it's the taxi for us.

Rick

RichC 04-24-2008 02:47 PM

Niel- Welcome back. Hoe did the cruise go?
Penny3333/TrvlPro- We always use Cruise Connection to get to the port. It costs us $70 per person r/t vs driving costs + tolls + parking which I think is $15 per day. Our friend takes us to the bus stop & & we sit back & watch a movie along the way.
The problem arose today when I made reservations for a trip & they called me to let me know that Princess hadn't told them about the Island Princess arriving at the port on Nov 6. I suppose I was the first person to make reservations. Cruise Connection contacted Princess & straightened thinks out. Since we'll be one of only two ships in that day I doubt if they'll run a full size bus unless they do have a full load. Usually they drop people off all around the port & not just at one ship. They possible might only send out a van if they can't fill the bus. At the cost of diesel fuel these days they couldn't possibly break even with 1/2 load. We'll see.

TrvlPro 04-24-2008 03:01 PM

Hi RichC, It was Rick that just got off a ship. I haven't cruised since Sept and I'm getting a little edgy and anxious to book another.

I didn't realize you lived in FL, thought you'd be flying in. That changes things, makes a lot more sense to do the bus than the driving and parking.

Have a great cruise!

Cheers, Neil