Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 PM

My wife has been looking into booking excursions to take my 9 year old grandson on. She has been very interested in a company called "MAZATLAN TOURS"--they offer a "STONE ISLAND BEACH BREAK" for $36 pp, and a 30 minute ATV rental for $20. Any information about this or any other excursion would be appreciated.

Sonny
Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Sonny, I will get more details, but a group of friends went to Stone Island on our last cruise on their own and had a ball. You just catch a ferry a short walk from the pier, the ferry is only a couple of dollars each, and the restaurants were VERY reasonable--especially a place called Victor's.

Also you could take an open-air taxi to the Golden Zone for $10 each way and see the Papantla Flyers at the Aztec Theater; it's a show I think your grandson would like. And there are a lot of shops, restaurants and beaches there. The El Cid Resort lets cruise passengers use their facilities for free--and they keep the vendors off their property.

I'll get more information about Stone Island and get back to you.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Administrator

I recommend the Papantla Flyers show, as well, if time permits. My son was about 11 when we went, and he enjoyed the show very much. (So did we.)
Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 AM

Thanks, I'm also looking for info on the "ULTIMATE WHALE WATCH" in Cabo, and the "PIRATES OF THE BAY" excursion in Puerto Vallarta.

Sonny
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I've done the pirate ship advendure in Cabo, but it was combined with snorkling, which would be great if you and your grandson snorkel. The one in Puerto Vallarta is more theatrical, with sword fights and all--a 9 year old would love it.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Sonny, I heard back from one of my friends who went to Stone Island; here's what she had to say:

"We walked to the water taxi from the ship - no more then 10 minutes tops. The water taxi is $2.00 round trip. He just runs back and forth all day - we only had to wait going back about 5 minutes.
Once he drops you off - you just walk down the beach to where all the restaurants are....you can stop anywhere....as long as you order something - even just one beer, you can sit there all day. Beach is not too good for bringing a towel and sitting in the sand - best to have a chair and some sun - it is REALLY hot there (when we were there anyway). It's definately worth just doing on your own instead of paying the ship excursion cost."

I'll have more when I hear from the others.

Rick
Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 PM

Thanks, Rick. I hear that excursion itinerary's change when the whales migrate to Mexico. My wife is planning on doing a whale watching tour in Cabo, and the pirate ship thing in Puerto Vallarta. In Mazatlan, it sounds like the Stone Island Beach Break for $36pp is a waist of money if I can get a water taxi for $2. As long as I can get to were they rent the ATV's. I want my grandson to have the time of his life. I'm trying to soak in as much info as I can to make this happen.

Thanks,

Sonny
Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 AM

Your such a good grandfather Sonny!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 PM

If you want a granddaughter, I'll be happy to volunteer Ok, so I'm a little too old
Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 PM

I've all ready given my two granddaughters a cruise for their tenth birthday. I think my grandson will get a little more attention from me. This will be itI'm going to be fresh out of 10 year old grandchildren.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
atv, cost, criuse, excursion, food, island, mazatlan, mexico, pirate, powered, puerto, rental, reviews, ship, stone, taxi, vallarta, vbulletin, water