Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 10:03 PM

We're going on Diamond Princess in February... have been to Mazatlan once before on Vision Of Seas...we took a taxi to shops and then walked on beach etc...this time would like to go to either Stone Island or Deer Island; Any thoughts on which is more relaxing & has best beaches? We are planning to snorked in PV so in Mazatlan we really just want to relax...also heard there might be a good 'shelling' spot in Mazatlan...any thoughts from veterans?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:05 PM

to correct above...we are planning to 'SNORKEL' in PV...although we might get 'snorked' too
Old 10-12-2006, 10:54 AM

Hello. Well, I have been to Stone Beach. It is beautiful, and stretches down the coast. My mom goes to Mazatlan every year with her friends, for a 2 week timeshare. I go sometimes. They say Stone Beach is there favorite. I think Deer Island, might have been the island that I saw when I parasailed down there, at the beach where all the hotels are. If that is it, I saw a few people on it. I am not familiar with Stone Island, do you by chance mean Stone Beach? I know there are a few islands off the Mazatlan coast. I am going there Dec 3, for 4 nights. Maybe I can check on some info for you, if you need me too. Let me know, it is no problem. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-12-2006, 04:51 PM

Well, I just spoke to my mom. She says Stone Island is the Stone Beach I was talking about. It is called a Island, because from the main town you take a dollar ferry across a water channel, to get to the "Island". You can probably get there another way, but coming from the main hotel area, we ended up at the water channel. Google some pictures of both stone and deer island. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-15-2006, 05:54 PM

Here is a link on how to do Stone Island from the port.

http://www.mexicoportreviews.com/Mazatlan4.htm

I would do this if you want a wonderful Mexican day in Mazatlan. Also, if you are going to snorkel in PVR here is what I would suggest for a world-class expereince. Depart the ship and go out to the main road. Walk north (to the left) to the Wal Mart and take the bus to "Punta Mita". It will cost $2.00 per person and take about an hour. Once in Punta Mita, negotiate with the panga operators there to take you to the Marietas Islands for outstanding snorkeling.

Have fun in Mexico~

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
excurions, excursion, excursions, island, mazatlan, port, review, reviews, shelling, stone