Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2005, 03:04 PM

We are cruising the MExican Riviera the beginning of December. What is the weather typically like in ports and at sea?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:52 AM

Hello. Well, I have never done a Mexican Rivera cruise. I have done a 4 night Baja cruise. Ensenada was as far south as we went. We went during June, 2003. The weather during the day was great, hot, with lots of pool activities. But, as soon as the sun went down it was FREEZING out on deck. We did not bring a jacket, thinking it was summer. We lived in So. California all our lives, and didn't think a jacket would be needed. The issue was the wind, it was very cold out at sea. So cold, my husband and I both spent $60 each on RCI sweatshirts with hoods, so we could hang out on deck. So, I can only assume that since you are cruising during the winter, it would be just as cold out at sea, maybe even colder. I am assuming this, since I have never taken a riviera cruise at all. However, I was in Mazatlan for 4 nights last December 1st-4th. The weather was nice enough, (fairly hot) for us to sunbath by the pool. But, as the sun started to go down, it started to get cool, that most of us would cover up with pool towels to take the edge off. My mom has gone to Mazatlan every December for 2 weeks for many years, for their timeshare. She said the weather we had is typical. So, it seemed to me the days are warm/hot, and the nights would be cold with a cold wind out at sea. I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-22-2005, 10:52 PM

Hi. I'm also curious as to what the weather will be like. My niece and I are going on Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera on December 4. I had visited Mazatlan in January and the weather was beautiful. I guess I'll just bring a couple sweaters. We're counting the days. Hope you have a great time and let me know if you're on the same ship.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:07 AM

We are going on Royal Caribbean

Closed Thread

Tags
cold, conditions, cruise, cruising, december, decemberweather, mexican, mexico, mexincan, pools, reviews, rivera, riveria, riviera, weather