Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2004, 07:09 PM

What is the best way to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Miami seaport?
Old 08-15-2004, 07:09 PM

What is the best way to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Miami seaport?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:33 AM
Hi I don"t know if you want to call this fellow we arrived in fort lauderdale to go out of miami and had a devil of a time to find any information about transportation as we choose to to do it ourselves thinking there would not be a problem, we found no shuttles avaiable only cabs they wanted 65 to 100 to take us to miami port there were 3 of us plus lots of lugguge 2 even refused us saying we had to big and much lugguge I was aimlessy walking looking for help to find infor to get to the port when a nicely dressed fellow ask if we need transportaton, I replied yes to miami and what he charged and he said 60.00 for the 3 of us and all the luguge he had a very nice town car and was very helpful and very polite, and even loaded the bags in car, we got his card before he dropped us off and when we returned to port we stayed one night and we called him to pick us up the next morning he was 15 min. late as he did come from ft. lauderdale and hit a lot of traffic but we made our airport on time and again we were treated with respect at the port when we were trying to get a cab to the hotel in miami they were very rude and 2 cabbies refuses to take us to the hotel which was only a mile or so away they only wanted fares going to the airports one driver even took our suitcases out of his car after we got them in when he found out we were only go to a hotel, thank goodness there were police there they forced the third driver to take us, after we got to hotel we called Ben to make arrangement to have him pick us up ad take us to Airport, I asked some cabbies at the hotel the fare to airport just out of curousity they were charging 75.00 and had not seen our lugguge yet,I kept Ben card so we can call him again for future cruise out of Fla. area so here it is is if you would like it 305-219-6809 and happy cruising
Old 08-16-2004, 07:41 AM

Super Shuttle makes the trek to the Miami port from both the airport and hotels in Ft. Lauderdale but you need advance reservations,

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 08-16-2004, 11:36 AM

Actually the Super Shuttle is great for getting from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and Port Everglades. But, if you are flying into Fort Lauderdale and need to get to Miami I would suggest you check on Easy Express (800-824-9546). They charge a flat rate of $49 for 1-4 pax, but they are very popular and book up quickly, so you might want to check on making reservations as soon as you know your flight arrangements.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread