Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM

This question is addressed to those 'cruisers in the know.'

As far as I and our travel agent can determine, Indian ports are only part of either world cruises or those on luxury liners beyond our budget.

Has anyone an inside lead on whether this part of the world is being planned for shorter cruises (around 2 weeks). We've travelled extensively in Asia on our own and cannot afford to repeat destinations with so many places uet to visit.

We most recently sailed on Celebrity and are booked on HAL in Jan. and travel in 'steerage quite happily -- that's a basic cabin with a window.

While my husband would love to see and really experience India I'd prefer to just dabble from the safety of a cruise land tour.

Ruth
Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM

This question is addressed to those 'cruisers in the know.'

As far as I and our travel agent can determine, Indian ports are only part of either world cruises or those on luxury liners beyond our budget.

Has anyone an inside lead on whether this part of the world is being planned for shorter cruises (around 2 weeks). We've travelled extensively in Asia on our own and cannot afford to repeat destinations with so many places uet to visit.

We most recently sailed on Celebrity and are booked on HAL in Jan. and travel in 'steerage quite happily -- that's a basic cabin with a window.

While my husband would love to see and really experience India I'd prefer to just dabble from the safety of a cruise land tour.

Ruth
Old 09-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Check out Star Cruises' homepage. I recall seeing a photo of the old Norwegian Sea (now Superstar something) in an indian port this summer.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 PM
have you checked out star cruises ?
I believe that Superstar Libra does 2 / 3 day cruises leaving from Mumbai ....so if you get a cheap flight out there you can make up your own land tour combined with a cruise.
regards jack
ps looks like Svein ahd the same idea as me but got there first.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Thanks Jack and Svein we'll check that out.

And Svein there are NO cheap flights from Canada.

Again thanks to each of you for such a prompt reply.

Ruth
Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 PM
HAL has some stops in India on a 16 day in Feb 08
RCCL is doing a 12 day in may '09
Most are longer cruises
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM

Thanks Lyn, obviously my research was VERY incomplete. We're booked for French Polynesia this winter so time is on our side.

As residents in chilly Canada we prefer to take our holiday in the dead of winter, but just knowing things are available will start us searching more intelligently.

Ruth
Old 09-04-2007, 01:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Novice Senior:
As residents in chilly Canada we prefer to take our holiday in the dead of winter, but just knowing things are available will start us searching more intelligently.

Ruth

I agree ..we booked for FEB/Mar for 2008
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, india, review, town, trerminal