Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2003, 04:15 PM

May seem like a silly question, but I think I want to buy my own equipment. I'm tired of using the equipment that is cleaned by salt water. Any idea where I can find it. I live in Phila. area and can't seem to find any in regular stores.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:15 PM

May seem like a silly question, but I think I want to buy my own equipment. I'm tired of using the equipment that is cleaned by salt water. Any idea where I can find it. I live in Phila. area and can't seem to find any in regular stores.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:36 PM

You can buy a cheap set, say under $30, at any of the major department stores (Walmart, Kmart, Target). Check in either sporting goods or toys. I bought a cheap pair a couple of years ago and they still work fine. Got my girlfriend a pair last summer as well. My parents bought high quality gear from a local dive store. They spent around $200. You can find this in the yellow pages under scuba diving. However, if you just plan to use them a couple of times a year the Walmart stuff is sufficient.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:06 PM

Believe it or not but I got mine at Costco and they are awesome. I bought them in the beginning of summer two years ago and they turned out to be the best investment. I paid under $30 for both.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:51 PM

We bought ours at snorkelgear.com. Great equip. and the masks fit!
Old 05-09-2003, 06:08 PM

L.L.Bean carries a great snorkel set in a mesh bag, llbean.com. I bought the mask & snorkel from them(they didn't have the whole set at that time) and bought fins off Ebay. It was much better having my own equipment - I knew where it had been hours beforehand!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:25 AM

We bought two snorkel sets from Sams for $28 each. They include the snorkel, nice goggles, flippers, and a carrying bag. They're available in childrens sizes and adult sizes. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
area, buy, cheapest, equipment, fins, flippers, gear, pa, philadelphia, place, set, snorkel, snorkeling, walmart