Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 08:36 PM

Hey everyone,
Going on the Nov 4 07 Explorer cruise to Bermuda. Question - can anyone recommend a couple of good restaurants in Bermuda for the 2 days we're there ?
Thanks much!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Administrator

We enjoyed The Pickled Onion in Hamilton. We made a quick stop there this past summer for lunch. It's a nice, casual place with pretty decent food. Looking at my journal, we all started with fish chowder, my husband had a burger, my son had pasta, and I had shrimp quiche and salad. I also noted that it was not far from the ferry stop in Hamilton.

Hopefully, others will chime in, as we haven't dined out in the evenings on any of our several trips to Bermuda.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:05 AM

Without question - one of my favorite restaurants in Bermuda is the Lobster Pot on Bermudiana Road in Hamilton (right off Front Sreet where the ships dock). If you like seafood it can't be missed. I make sure I visit there at least once on my annual trips to Bermuda.

If you prefer Italian cuisine than Little Venice (also on Bermudiana Rd) is very good.

Another option for casual dining - but good food is the Hog Penny on Burnaby Hill in Hamilton (also right off Front Street).

Since your ship will docked at King's Wharf - one of the best options there is the Frog & Onion Pub. (If you enjoy typical British fare like fish and chips or bangers and mash).

Hope these suggestions help.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-21-2007, 05:13 PM

I will agree that the Pickled Onion is a good spot. We stopped in for a mid afternoon snack and drinks. We had the calamari and soup -- the food was excellent. They have live entertainment and a second story balcony that overlooks the street. Great people watching

Enjoy

Callie

Closed Thread

Tags
bermuda, cruise, eat, frog, lizzieb730, onion, orts, places, pub, restaurants, reviews