Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 05:30 PM

Im sailing on fascination Nov.11 at 4 P.M,and just found out my flight in on the 11th is landing in ft.laud at 10 AM,there is suposed to be A shuttle to take us to our ship,is this enough time?dont know anything about how far apart they are,or how often the buses run (this is my first flight as well as my first cruise)I would like to know if anyone else has flown into ft.laud.(spirt airlines)then had to get to miami port. thanks mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 05:30 PM

Im sailing on fascination Nov.11 at 4 P.M,and just found out my flight in on the 11th is landing in ft.laud at 10 AM,there is suposed to be A shuttle to take us to our ship,is this enough time?dont know anything about how far apart they are,or how often the buses run (this is my first flight as well as my first cruise)I would like to know if anyone else has flown into ft.laud.(spirt airlines)then had to get to miami port. thanks mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 09:35 PM
Banned

If you got your flight thru the cruise line it really doesn't matter because they will not leave without you. On our last cruise that left out of San Jaun the ship was scheduled to leave around 11:00 pm and did not leave until midnight because the ship was waiting for a plane to come in. If you booked an airline on your own and there is a delay the ship will not wait for you. I don't know how far it is from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. You can look it up on one of the driving sites. But 6 hours should be plenty of time.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:11 PM

I'm confused when you say there's supposed to be a shuttle to take you to the ship. Whose supplying the shuttle? Shuttles are usually supplied through the cruise lines. Fort Lauderdale is nowhere near as large as Miami, but can be a "bottleneck" at times. Under the best of conditions, you could do the drive to Miami Port in an hour. Notice the word "Best", as the "snowbirds" are starting to come back, and they should be in full force by then. Did Spirit change your flight? If they did, you might have a chance to change it to something else. Having lived in Fort Lauderdale until 2 years ago, it's my opinion that you've cut it way to close. If you could possibly go down the day before, I would seriously consider changing it. We live about 5 hours North of Fort Lauderdale, and sailing out of there at 5Pm the end of November. Our bus is leaving at 6 Am which gives us a 5 hour buffer. Your not allowing any time for luggage retrival at Fort Lauderdale. That in itself can take time. I've flown Spirit on many occasions, and it's really not known of being very punctual. Give me the whole scenario, and will see what we can figure out. Other option is getting a cab. It will cost, and you'll have to make it worthwhile for the driver. In other words, "money talks". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 08:51 AM

when we booked the cruise,maybe spirit don't fly into miami from Det.(DTW) but our plane is due in at 10am.and our ship is supposed to sail at 4pm. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 09:41 AM

Great!
As long as the cruiseline booked everything, don't worry about a thing. They'll hold the ship for you, and seeing they have a shuttle, there must be s lot more of you coming from your area. Cruiselines are known not to give you the best connections, as they work with the airlines and get the cheapest "bulk fares" possible. You'll be fine. Just have all your paperwork done beforehand, as it will lesson up on your time at the gate trying to get through the boarding process. Do expect a wait, and depending on the time you get there, it could be lengthy. Be sure to have photo ID, but a passport or birth certificate is also necessary. You can obtain the laminated ones from the city hall of where you were born, probably $10 or so. We carry ours with us at all times. Please note that they DO NOT ACCEPT photocopies of the birth certificates, as it must have the raised stamp on it. Some people are being denied boarding now by some lines, and I suspect others will follow. If there's anything else you would like to know, or I could help you with, let me know.
Happy sailing and have a great flight. Once you're up in the air, you'll love it.
Sue [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
anyoneflewwithspirittomiamitobeonacruise3f, close, emoticons, fly, fort, gif, miami, riverview