Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2005, 07:32 AM

We are sailing on Celebrity Zenith on 4/8/06. I am looking for recommendations for hotels for the night before. We would prefer a hotel that offers shuttle service to the pier. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: Moved to Ports of Call Chat. RF
Old 10-18-2005, 07:58 AM

Me again! I use this web site when I am seeking a hotel:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/

Good luck!

I have asked Tom Ogg about setting up a forum that deals with this hotel topic. Hopefully we can all share the good and bad of hotels we have stayed at pre and post cruise.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:26 AM

arckac,

IMHO the Port Chat forums are an ideal place to discuss this. I think it would probably be confusing to have different forums for port activities and port hotel stays.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-18-2005, 11:02 AM

It could be but if you look throughout the forums you will see this topic discussed or asked everywhere. You will see it under the cruise lines themselves. I may have good info on hotels, but if someone asks it in Carnival, I will never see it cause I don't sail carnival and have nothing to contribute to carnival. Maybe your right but if it had its own section, from pure suggestion the topic would be more widely discussed.

Congrats on passing 3,000 posts
Old 10-18-2005, 11:42 AM

arckac,

we (the moderators) are doing our best to move postings to the correct forums. And when it is not possible to do so because a posting has mixed contents that fit several forums, we can create shortcuts to the thread in related forums.

So, if I see a hotel posting in a cruise line forum, I will move it here (or to one of the other Port Chat forums, respectively) or I will at least create a shortcut. I know that this has not always been done in the past, but it is simply too much work to go through the whole archives now.

I think that creating additional forums would likely result in a higher uncertainty among users in regards to "where to post" (and as a result of this in a higher amount of moderator activities). This ist just my personal opinion only - Tom is the one who decides.

Thanks re the 3,000 posts - I didn't even notice that.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-18-2005, 12:06 PM

I do see you moved JoyAnne's original post to here. Well, whatever the decision is, it was just a suggestion.

Thanks again!

It is always good to talk cruising. Its the only way to go. Someday, when I retire, I would love to get a land base job with a cruise line.
Ahhh someday! San Diego sounds great!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM

arckac,
This is certainaly off topic, but I noticed a discrepancy in your countdown clock and was confused. According to the countdown it is 117 days to both your AOS and Zenith cruise????? Hmm, let me know if you are having any trouble configuring.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-22-2005, 06:40 AM

I'll answer your initial question! I recommend the Summerfield Suites near the airport. Not expensive, 1 or 2 bedrooms available, and shuttle serivce for something like $8 per person.

Closed Thread

Tags
hotels, miami