Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 09:58 PM

We are arriving the night before the cruise and are looking for ground transporttation from the Hyatt at Bush airport to the Splendor in Galveston. Any suggestions, experiences, etc.?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:57 AM

I live in Houston, and have a couple of suggestions for how to get to Galveston. First, I've stayed at that Hyatta few times, and they do a good job, but it is not one of the higher end Hyatts...just to manage your expectations. The food is good, and they have a quiet little bar, which may get rowdy on Saturday; although I think this is primarily a business traveler's hotel. If I were you, I'd ask the hotel if they work with any shuttle companies that go to Galveston. Also, I believe the airport has a shuttle that goes to Galveston...hotel should be able to tell you that, too. If you would prefer, I use a Town Car driving service in Houston, reliable and more comfortable: Sid's Transportation, 832.287.7620. Call Sid and he'll give you pricing, etc.
I would make a taxi your LAST choice....
Also, if you have time for a leisurely, wonderful dinner that night, I highly recommend CK's at the Marriott hotel right down the street from the Hyatt, right next to the airport. CK's has a high-end menu, delicious food, wonderful service....would really set the stage for your week ahead! Just a suggestion. Enjoy your short time in Houston! txtraveler
Old 03-05-2003, 05:08 PM

We flew into Galveston last summer. I called the Chamber of Commerce,and they highly recommended Melva Roy. She was awesome. She only asks you to pay what you think the trip was worth. After doing our homework we knew that a cab ride from the airport to the port would be about 70.00. We based our payment on that. She picked us up on time, and we enjoyed her company so much we scheduled her to pick us up when we returned. Can't say enough good things. Much better than a large shuttle or dirty cab. Her numbers our (713) 720-2068 or (832)969-1098. If you choose to use her I know that you would not be disappointed. Pennie

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bush, cruise, galveston, ground, houston, live, port, ride, shuttle, taxi, transfer, transport, transportation, work