Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 06:36 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm leaving with my parents on a RCI cruise Jan 20th to the Western C. my day being 70 is in a wheel chair but can get up and walk a little bit. I have no idea what would be good to do in these two ports. They love site seeing.
Any help???
Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 AM

Well so excited there are actually lots of things that you and your parents can do even if your Dad is in a wheel chair. I know that they have lots of different tours all over the place. Does your Dad like fishing???? Just wondering I know that my dad would Fish all Day if he could, anyways there are deep sea fishing tours and luxury yacht cruises but I really don't know what kinds of things they might enjoy. There are lots of different excursions on the island for everyone. If your Dad is in a wheel chair maybe you guys would enjoy the luxury yacht cruise its an all day cruise where they take you to a secluded lagoon and then the crew will prepare you a lobster pasta lunch. The tours are guided so no worries.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 PM

You would like the Tulum Ruins tour but can't remember if it was wheelchair friendly. Maybe you should post another thread with the same question on Caribbean Port Chat section. I think you'd get more replies. It's a gorgeous port, you're going to love it.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:37 PM

No, I would not consider Tulum to be wheel chair friendly. You might be able to do some of it in a WC, but there are many places where you need to walk up stone steps or goes across gravel paths. The path/road from the entry/parking area into the ruins is paved road, but beyond that you are dealing with way pre-handicape access law building methods. I'm not sure you could fit a chair through the entry passage in the city wall???
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-11-2008, 04:25 AM
Tulum is wonderful, but not very WC friendly...The bus ride isn't that long, but getting the WC on and off might be a problem. Cozumel is a shopping mecca but some of the shopping areas are again not WC friendly...most shops are a step or two up in order to enter the place...and the sidewalks are very narrow, uneven and crowded...I've seen many wheel chaired passengers on my different cruises and they were all having a grand time...Happy Cruising....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
carmen, carnaval, chair, cozumel, cruise, del, excursion, excursions, excurstions, playa, reviews, reviewss, ruins, tulum, wheel, wheelchair