Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 09:19 AM

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has done the dune buggy adventure through Carnival. If someone has, I would love to hear your thoughts on the excursion. Any other suggestions on things to do or not to do here will also be welcome. Is there something that should not be missed? Thanks,

B
Old 11-15-2010, 11:07 AM

Grand Turk is a very clean, very flat island. There were some posts about the dune buggy rentals here, but don't remember whether it was through Carnival or Costa. Anyway, they said they had fun, but there wasn't much to see. However, I remember a post about the Segways that they said it was a ball. Grand Turk got pretty wiped out by a hurricane not too long ago. There's a nice beach right where you dock and there's a shopping area there, too. They have a downtown area that isn't too far and I think, if I'm not mistaken, that's where the Segway tour went.

We did a snorkel trip through Costa that was great. We stopped in 2 areas, one for coral and one for sea life. The only problem was they crowded too many on board for the trip, but the water was fantastic. Crystal clear with lots of beautiful coral and colorful fish. There was a 'cuda that hung around, but didn't seem to mind us and didn't seem to be hungry

I hope you enjoy Grand Turk, I sure did.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 PM

Thank you very much Penny,

Do you know if you can rent golf carts to tour the island? What does the Segway tour involve? I hope we enjoy it also, thanks again.

B
Old 11-16-2010, 11:26 AM

I believe they had dune buggy rentals. The Segway tour included instructions, and tour guides, and I believe the tour went to the town area which is at least a mile up from the port. I believe it goes along the coast line. The next time we go there, I'd like to try it. I've never been on a Segway, but they looked like fun.

Tags
adventure, adventures, buggy, carnival, dune, enjoy, grand, island, rental, rentals, review, reviews, segway, turk, turks