Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 PM

Hello, I am going to be taking a cruise in late June leaving Norfolk and docking in Bermuda for two days. I am hoping to achieve two things with this post - the first, is to get any suggestions for places to see - and the second is to perhaps find anyone else who might be traveling on the same ship. I am going with my children and last time we cruised it got a little boring So I am hoping to maybe make a few friends in advance.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks for your time and help!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:05 PM

Hi MDM7095, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise, Bermuda is gorgeous. My suggestion is to get a bus pass and take the bus around the island. There is good service and usually the bus drivers are more than happy to point out points of interest. The one thing I remember about Bermuda is Horseshoe Beach, it had pink sand and was just beautiful. If you'll use the Find feature in the upper left hand corner, and type in Bermuda, it will pull up the all the posts made. There is also a Roll Call section that one of our administrators, Lisa, has redesigned. You can look for fellow cruisers there, if you don't see your cruise or want to add your name, simply hit the reply button and enter your cruise date, ship, and name. Lisa updates the lists periodically. We are hoping this will give members easier access to fellow shipmates. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
MDM7095-If you are docking at King's Wharf you might consider purchasing a ferry pass to get around-there is a lot to see and do-but remember-Bermuda has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world and is expensive!Sometimes the ship's tours can be a bargain! We are going aboard the NCL Dawn in October 08-but we will tour on our own!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Hi MDM7095, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

We've been to Bermuda several times, and the best bargain is the combination bus/ferry pass. Our last time there (2006), we bought a 3-day pass and used it to get everywhere. There are both ferries and buses that service the King's Wharf area.

As for what to see, what types of excursions interest you? Bermuda has everything from Beaches (take the #7 bus), history (wonderful museum right at King's Wharf), golf, and nature (Aquarium, as one example).

Closed Thread

Tags
aquarium, beaches, bermuda, bus, buy, carribbean, cruise, king, kings, line, pass, pink, portofcall, review, royal, sand, type, wharf