Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 05:53 PM

I am taking my four kids on the Elation out of Galveston on August 14th. Does anyone know of a good, inexpensive hotel for two nights??? How about one with a shuttle to the terminal? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:56 AM

My husband and I are taking the Elation on Sept. 18th,we're very excited as this is our first cruise. Please let me know everything when you get back!!!
I have read on this board that the Holiday Inn is very "cruise friendly" and will let you leave your car parked there for free for the duration of your cruise. I believe they shuttle you right to the dock.
Like I said I read this, it's not first hand experience, but i will be looking into it, sounds like a good deal to me. Have a wonderful time!
Martha
p.s. Are you in Texas? We're in Dallas.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:22 AM

Wow- have a great time on your cruise. I did a 5 day on the NCL Spirit March 24- check out my review if you like. I am flying in from Buffalo. Do you think it would be wise to spend a day at the Houston Space Center? I am traveling with four sons, and while they would probably love it, I am not looking to shell out hundreds of dollars more if it is not EXTREMELY worthwhile.
Yes, the Galveston hotels do shuttle you to the dock, and they give you free parking as well! Thanks...
Old 07-19-2005, 09:43 AM

The Houston Space center would be a great place to go, you'd love it as much as the kids would. There's another place I'd suggest if you have the time. About half way between Houston going into Galveston is a place called "Kehma". I went last year and it was terrific! It's a huge beautiful boardwalk with shops, places to eat, etc.....We ate at "The Flying Dutchman" and were treated like royality, and the food was awesome.
Hope you have a great time and will let me know how it was when you return !!
Martha
Old 07-20-2005, 05:36 PM

Now I need a suite! AHHHHH this is getting so expensive! The first night it will be just me and the four boys, but the second night my mother and great aunt will be there (night before the sailing).

Overall, I think I will save money with a kitchen. I will save at least 40 bucks on french fries. Not that I will be doing any cooking, so I don't know why I am kidding myself.

Anyway, does anyone have any suite-specific ideas in Galveston?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:59 AM

I used to stay at the "Victorian Condhotel" on the seawall blvd. They're pretty nice with all the amenities. Bunks in the hallway for the boys, etc...........it's located @ 6300 Seawall Blvd. Galveston Texas 77551 to book a room the # to call is 888-939-8680. You can see alot more on the internet about the place. Good luck to you and have a wonderful time!
martha

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, forum, galveston, hotel, hotels, shuttle