Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Ports of Call Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/)
-   -   Excursion advice (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/ports-call-chat/24638-excursion-advice.html)

cajungirl 03-24-2003 07:31 AM

Could someone please give me some advice on shore excursions to Nassau, CocoCay and KeyWest. Things I thought about doing include: Stingray snorkle, dolphin encounter, pirate/dungeon tour, parasailing, conch train tour....I'd also like to fit in some relaxation! Am I making a mistake by not going to Atlantis? I'd like to be reasonable with time. I figured the parasailing could be done at CocoCay. Which snorkling is better, stingray or seatrek? I really, really want some tips! OH! Where is the best place to find cheap souvineres? THANKS!!

cajungirl 03-24-2003 07:31 AM

Could someone please give me some advice on shore excursions to Nassau, CocoCay and KeyWest. Things I thought about doing include: Stingray snorkle, dolphin encounter, pirate/dungeon tour, parasailing, conch train tour....I'd also like to fit in some relaxation! Am I making a mistake by not going to Atlantis? I'd like to be reasonable with time. I figured the parasailing could be done at CocoCay. Which snorkling is better, stingray or seatrek? I really, really want some tips! OH! Where is the best place to find cheap souvineres? THANKS!!

06-04-2003 11:59 AM

My family of 4 is sailing on the voyager 7/6/03 we have only booked 1 excursion in Ochios Rios so far, does anyone have any recommendations for Cozumel,Grand Cayman or Labadee, I have two teenagers traveling with us. Thanks

Kent...W 06-04-2003 01:27 PM

Really enjoyed the Conch train ride in Key West. Was very relaxing and we had a wonderful lady who pointed out the historic places in Key West. Bought the tickets in town......short walk from the pier..keep to the left after leaving the pier. Is a round trip tour. Have fun on your cruise.
Kent

cruisemom 06-06-2003 08:04 PM

If you go to Grand Cayman take the Stingray City excursion. This is wonderful for the whole family - especially teenagers. You get taken out to a sand bar and can swim, feed, touch and hold the stingrays. Also you don't have to take the expensive tours from the ship - there are many tour operators right by where the tenders dock that will take you on the tour for less.

mdwoodman 06-08-2003 05:58 PM

I highly recommend George & Kathleen Bush Ltd. in Grand Cayman. (345) 949-3371 Cell: (345) 916-1750. They have a small boat (about 12 passengers; nothing fancy), low-cost, very knowledgeable, and very friendly. They took us to an area outside of "Stingray City" that was right by the reef and had plenty of fish and stingrays but no crowds! It was our first trip to the Caymans and we were somewhat leary about paying for the excursion at a roadside stand. It turned out great (they even made a couple of extra stops during the van ride so we could pick up an underwater camera and to look for a particular bottle of liqueur we were searching for.

In Cozumel, if you're just a bit adventurous and self-confident, I recommend renting a car and driving to the ruins on your own, then go to the west side of the island where you can park along the road and have a private stretch of beach.

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you'd like more details.