Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 03:25 PM

My fiance and I will be celebrating our 5-year anniversary on a RCCL Mexican Riviera cruise in October. I've heard that an excursion to the Pacifico Brewery is often offered in Mazatlan. We're big beer aficionados and will definitely sign up if it is offered. We've heard that planning a tour directly through the brewery doesn't work out too well in most instances. Has anyone cruised to Mazatlan recently and remember this tour being an excursion option? (The excursion list for our cruise isn't available yet.) Thanks
Old 07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

jillall...Yes, the Pacifico Brewery was offered up as an excursion through Carnival.

Many fellow cruisers on Pride went and came back feeling very "fine".

I cannot tell you if RCCL offers this excursion. Only that Carnival did.

If RCCL's excursion list isn't yet available, it just might be that it's too soon to book it.
Keep checking back with them. Another poster here may have the specific RCCL info. you need regarding the brewery.

A'ndrea
Old 07-26-2007, 12:07 PM

Thank you, A'ndrea. If Carnival has offered it recently, RCCL probably will as well. Thanks again.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Princess has always offered it; it's one of the "to do" things in Mazatlan. It's also a really good beer.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 PM

Got the excursion options... Pacifico tour isn't offered. Did a little research and learned that tours are only offered on Wednesdays... which happens to be the day we'll be in Mazatlan, so I don't understand why RC isn't offering it as an excursion. So now the question is... do I want to risk going it on my own? Has anyone taken the tour through Mazatlan Frank? (http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/PACIFICOBREWERY.html)
Old 08-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

It depends on how badly you want to experience the brewery. It's a safe, often frequented excursion, and one that can be ventured to easily. It just depends on how much effort you want to put forth in getting there.

If it's something you have your heart set on... go for it. Besides, how many times will you get to Mazatlan?

A'ndrea
Old 08-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

P.S. They say Mazatlan Frank is the best. You'll have no problems.

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, brewery, carnival, cruise, forums, mazatlan, mazatland, mexico, number, pacifico, phone, ports, review, reviews, tour