Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Hi
I am thinking of booking a celebrity mercury cruise next April - San Francisco,Monterrey,Oregon,Seattle,Vancouver and Victoria.We live in U.K. and are unsure of what kind of weather to expect in these ports at the end of April. If someone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks Janet
Old 06-16-2007, 12:46 PM

hmmmm... my local weather guy can't get the weather right for the three day forecast. I wonder how he'd do for the 10 month forecast?

April has an average rainfall in SF of 1 in for the entire month. Avg high temps are 63 and avg lows for Apr are 50. SF is pretty good weather year round. As you work your way up the coast it becomes very unpredicatble. The pacific N.W. is fickle. May be perfect for a week at a time and may rain or drizzle every day.

Plan you cruise and have a great time. Just bring your unbrella just in case.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Thanks for replying so quickly Neil - it was very helpful. Janet
Old 06-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Hi Janet. The following average lows and highs for April are courtesy of http://www.weather.com/:

San Francisco 9C - 18C
Seattle 6C - 14C
Vancouver 4C - 12C
Victoria 3C - 13C

As you are going at the end of April, the temperatures will likely be toward the warmer side.

And, bring an umbrella as Neil suggests.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:21 PM

I live in Vancouver.Bring an umbrulla the end of april tends to be wet.This year was not too bad but who knows what next year will bring.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Banned

Being a native of the SF Bay Area, April is a nice time to be in SF and Monterey; not too cool, not too foggy. Some chance of rain, but not overly so. If it does rain, it means the seas will be a little higher: FANTASTIC views on the rocky coast with crashing waves.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies - this site has such kind,helpful people. I think we have decided to take a chance that we don't get too much rain and go for it. Perhaps I could ask a few more questions neareer the time, such as places in SF to visit over 4 days, good hotels to stay in (medium budget) etc.All the best Janet
Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 AM

Pawlett47, it's been a long while since I've been in SF, but Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, and the Bay area are great attractions. Don't know what hotels to suggest since it's been so long. I stayed at the Sir Francis Drake, don't know if it's still there. Maybe some of our California members can help.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator

My favorite area in which to stay in SF is Union Square. It is very convenient to transportation, shopping, and sightseeing and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. It may come at a price, though, as it's a popular location. Taxi ride to the pier should be about US$10.

I stayed at the Marriott on Fourth Street a few weeks ago on business. It's within a 10-minute walk of Union Square. So, it's not exactly in the middle of things, but it was a nice hotel and I'd recommend it. (So long as you book one of the City View rooms.) The price was good, and the front desk and concierge services were excellent.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:22 AM

Have now booked the cruise and the flights. Will have 3 days in SF prior to the cruise and 2 afterwards. We are considering staying in Fishermans wharf and the Union Square after the cruise. However, I have read elsewhere that the locals don't rate Fisherman's wharf very highly.Any viewpoints gladly received. Thanks Janet

Closed Thread

Tags
25, april, climate, coast, cruise, cruises, end, fran, hawaii, january, review, san, temperature, temperatures, usa, weather, west