Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 PM

Has anybody recently gone to the El Cid Resort in Mazatlan, and were cruise passengers welcome there? How did you get there? What was the cost to get there and if you were welcomed, the cost at the El Cid? Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 AM

Gee, with all the experts here, I thought I'd have at least a niblet of information to ponder.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:11 PM

Sorry grizz, haven't been to Mazatlan. I'm sure others have, but maybe not to the El Cid. Best wishes!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:56 PM
grizz, I was hoping someone would respond who has been to El Cid. I've been to Mazatlan many times but never to El Cid. Mazatlan is my shopping/eating stop on the Mexican Riviera.

To get there you can take a taxi or a little open-air vehicle from the terminal (there is a tram that takes you from the ship to the terminal); the cost is $10.00 each way for up to four people. Tell the driver you want to go to El Cid or the Golden Zone and confirm the price before you go.

I have heard that cruise ship passengers are welcome to use the facilities for a small fee; but I can not confirm this.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:20 PM

Well, at least SOMEONE gave me a partial answer. Thanks. Being a newbie, I was beginning to feel a little neglected. I heard that El Cid was pretty popular and I assumed at least one of the thousands of members here would have gone there. my bad. Oh well; maybe my next question won't be so hard and I'll get more answers than I can handle!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Banned

Well I'm a newbie too and people seem to be really warm and helpful so maybe give it some time.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 AM

Oh, I'll give it some time; not to worry. Surely, with all the experts here, I will get answers. Mr Mattox: what is the Golden Zone? Should I keep my shop-a-holic spouse away? What do YOU buy there?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:28 AM
The Golden Zone is the resort part of Mazatlan, on the ocean, north of the much older downtown area. Lots of beautiful hotels, restaurants and shops: both high end and souvenir.

You should definitely keep your spouse away unless you intend to shop. But if you do intend to shop, you'll find the best prices, quality and selection of the three ports (assuming you are taking the 7 day). It is especially good for quality jewelry and leather goods; and the best prices on typical Mexican souvenirs.

Then, after shopping, a couple of ice-cold Pacificos (a beer brewed right in Mazatlan) and a shrimp feast at "The Shrimp Bucket"; all within walking distance. Followed by a "Mad Hatter" open-air cab ride back to the ship.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 PM

Thank you Mr. Mattox. That was helpful; way to step up.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks grizz, and please call me Rick; we are very informal here.

One correction: The Shrimp Bucket is now called the Shrimp Factory; they changed the name when they moved from the old downtown to the Golden Zone.

Closed Thread

Tags
cid, cost, cruise, day, el, mazatlan, membership, offer, passengers, port, resort, reviews, usage