Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 08:59 PM

It seems that anyone staying in Miami before their cruise, seems to stay at the Holiday Inn Marina Park. Has anyone stayed at any of the south beach hotels like Days Inn or Howard Johnson? What about the hotels close to the airport like Sleep Inn, etc. They all have pretty good rates too. Any info would be great, I'd like to know before I book. Thanks
Old 11-02-2003, 08:59 PM

It seems that anyone staying in Miami before their cruise, seems to stay at the Holiday Inn Marina Park. Has anyone stayed at any of the south beach hotels like Days Inn or Howard Johnson? What about the hotels close to the airport like Sleep Inn, etc. They all have pretty good rates too. Any info would be great, I'd like to know before I book. Thanks
Old 11-03-2003, 08:09 AM

I have stayed at three different hotels in Miami this past year before or after a cruise.

One is the Geneva Hotel and Suites which I can honestly stay away from this hotel. It is in a good area but the hotel is really in bad shape.

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn in the 2200 block of South Beach. This is a very nice hotel and we were able to get it for $45 on Priceline. This was a $24 cab ride from the airport and a $18 cab ride from the pier.

We also stayed at a Days Inn near the airport. This was a decent hotel, however there was nothing nearby and the walls were very thin. It was ok to stay in for one night. It was reasonably priced.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:54 AM

As posted above, we also used priceline.com
You don't find out what hotel your in until your bid is accepted. But you enter the region or section of the city you want to stay in, and bid. We ended up at the 3* Shereton Biscan Bay for $35. bid plus fees +$45 US. The RACK rate their was $279. a night. It was about a 10-15 minute walk to Bayside Market and Bubba Gumps and just five minutes from the Don Pan backery where we loved the chocolate crussants and mini-lunch pastries for breakfast! It also has the early registration center for Carnaval Cruise lines so it saved us an hour in line at the pier.

Bradley G Welsh
Paradise Oct 26/03

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cruise, hotelcom, inn, miami, reviews, sleep, south, staying, wwwbiscanbay