Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2006, 07:59 PM

Which beach would you go to in Mazatlan a public or a private one? On a public beach are the vendors very pushy, is it safe?

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 04-04-2006, 10:22 PM

Hi showcat. My mom and her girlfriends go to Mazatlan every year for 2 weeks, for about the last 10 years. Anyways, I finally went in 2004. They took me to there favorite beach. It is Stone Beach. It is just south of where the cruise ships dock. We were staying in the hotel zone. We took a city bus, down by where the cruise ships docked. Then we took a tiny boat, I think it was $1 each way, we took it across the waterway at the cruise ship dock, over to "Stone beach". There is a beautiful beach there, it stretches to the south as far as the eye could see. The vendors were pushy, lots of girls wanting to braid hair. I don't think you can escape then, unless you are on a private beach. There were a few restaurants with palapas, and coconut drinks, beer, tacos, etc... I did feel safe there. I would love to go back there in a heartbeat. I would ask a local when you get off the ship how to get there. Bye the way, about Disneyland!! I think Disneyland is great. It helps if you are young at heart, you will have more fun I think. Another option might be Knotts Berry Farm, it is also a amusement park, in Buena Park, which is closer to Long Beach. Check out there website. Have fun. Bye the way, I paid $20 to parasail on the beach at the hotel zone, in Mazatlan. He wanted a little more, I got him down to $20. He was hanging out on the beach at the hotel zone. It was awesome. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-05-2006, 12:32 AM

Thanks again Lori! I have heard about Stone beach. Where do your upcomming cruises go to? What are your ports, and how is RCL? They sound fun but I hear Carnival does food better and has more single people what do you think?

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 04-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Hi Showcat. Well, I have never been on Carnival before. My first Carnival will be this new years for a 3 night baja mexico. I think a cruise is very subjective. What one person loved , another hated. Well, anyway you look at it, any cruise is better than being at work IMHO . I don't know about the single person issue. Maybe some other cruisers can comment and compare it with other lines. All of our cruises have been on RCCL, expect 1 on Princess. The one on Princess, was on one of there oldest ships. We did have a wonderful cruise though. Our next cruise if Freedom of the Seas, maiden voyage. It is a 7 night west. carib to jamaica (montego bay), labadee, grand cayman and cozumel. We have never been to jamaica or labadee. I am VERY excited for the maiden voyage, it only happens once. One more thing about Stone Beach- I didn't see any parasailing or catamarans for rent at stone beach. At the beaches at the hotel zone, they were everywhere. So, I guess it is what you want to do. I'm sure you will have fun. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, cruise, long, mazalan, mazatlan, port, private, public, review, run, safe, ship, terminal