Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 03:24 AM

we are staying at the raddison by the port and was wondering how far is the beach from the hotel. we see ships from the webcam they have so i know it cant be too far. thanks
Old 10-11-2005, 05:34 AM

The beach is right across the street. The ship you see is in like a bay right off of the ocean. Hwy A1A is like the main drag along the beach. We stayed @ the LaQuinta in Cocoa Beach last trip to PC. The Radisson, I believe has a complimentary shuttle to the port and back. Its a very nice hotle. Its also close to Ron Jons and plenty of eateries. Its nice because you can find just about everything you need along A1A. (grocery store, drug store, beach, food...) Don't forget about the Cocoa Beach pier!! Lots to do there. Good seafood. Good luck and have fun. What ship are you sailing on?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:21 PM

I second the Cocoa Beach Pier. There are LOTS of surfers(that know what they are doing) here and my kids LOVE to go there. There are 2 or 3 restaurants on the pier that overlook the ocean and there are live bands there in the evening.
Great ice cream shop there too that we never miss when we go down there. Everytime we go we always eat at Rusty's too, right on the port. If you time it right you can see the ships leave port about 10 feet from your table each night. You can also see NASA from there and there are sometimes lift offs.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM

I am not sure about that hotel. We always stay at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort on the Port and love it!
None of the hotels around there look really run down though. I am sure it will be fine. What is the address and I might can get a better idea of where that one is? Ron Jon's is on Shorewood Dr.
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 10-11-2005, 02:33 PM

hi thanks for in information on the hotel,its located at 8701 astronaut blvd.cape canaveral i also want to vist the cocoa beach pier for dinner i saw it online and it sounds very nice. we are on the sov. of the seas nov.7 thanks to all
Old 10-12-2005, 05:13 PM

I'm not sure where that is but it is probably close to all the really nice resorts. Make sure you check out all the restaurants right on the Port, they are my choice for evening dinners. I prefer the pier for lunches. My uncle used to work for NASA and I spent a month there every summer for about 10 years. Make sure you check out Ron Jon Surf shop. It brings a NEW light to the word "surf shop" It is huge, elevator and all! Not really cheap but
we love it anyway.
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, caribbean, coco, cocoa, cruise, hotels, jon, line, ron, shuttle