Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2002, 04:55 PM

taking a western caribbean cruise. what are good tours to take in cozumel, grand cayman, and ocho rios? Has anyone taken the available horseback tours? What about the jeep safaris and cayak tours?

zazu
Old 09-26-2002, 04:55 PM

taking a western caribbean cruise. what are good tours to take in cozumel, grand cayman, and ocho rios? Has anyone taken the available horseback tours? What about the jeep safaris and cayak tours?

zazu
Old 09-26-2002, 06:07 PM

Check out Other Cruises, Maasdam. I did a lengthy posting on the same subject. Should answer some of your questions. Happy sailing. Sue [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 09:58 AM
Banned

My wife and I were planning on doing a horseback tour until we talked to another couple that did one. They said it was alright until the horses got into the water. They said as soon as the horse's belly touches the water their bowels let loose and you end up with a bunch of road apples floating all around you. My wife was not to keen on this to begin with so this really put the kabosh to this tour. It must not be too bad because they are still popular tours. I just thought it was funny. We just kept making jokes about this and things like what fish do in the water and what about all the garbage from the ships and etc. Finally the women had enough of our gross humor but we all had a good laugh about it. How the good the tour is depend on your attitude, tour guide, other people on the tour, and your likes. Some people like to ride in an air conditioned bus and others like to lay on the beach. I guess what you need to look for is if the tour is worth the money being spent. Don't read too much into the discription. If it says refreshments it may mean a glass of water. All you can drink on the boat means just that. You do not get anything at the beach, and nothing on the boat when at the beach. Usually what is in the discription is exactly what you get. After you take a tour reread the discription and you can laugh about stuff that you thought you were going to do. We walked thru many rain forrest and seen many "must see" waterfalls. After a few of them they all look alike. None beats Niagara. If you notice all islands have basically the same type of tours: Rain forests, snorkeling, bike riding, 4 wheeling, helicopters, bananna and coffee plantations, booze cruises, horse back riding, swimming with the dolphins, rum factories and etc. Just do something that you think may be fun and try it.

Closed Thread