Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2005, 01:12 PM

I will be flying into LAX on Dec 22 2005 for a Mexican Riviera cruise (Vision of the Seas). Will stay there one night pre cruise. Should I select a hotel close to the airport or the port? Any hotel suggestions?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:12 PM

I will be flying into LAX on Dec 22 2005 for a Mexican Riviera cruise (Vision of the Seas). Will stay there one night pre cruise. Should I select a hotel close to the airport or the port? Any hotel suggestions?
Old 02-12-2005, 10:49 AM

Hello. I was born and raised in Long Beach. I have an idea for you. If you are departing from LA on RCI, you will most likely be departing from San Pedro, it is part of LA harbour. We did, when we took our 1st cruise, the Monarch on RCI. San Pedro and Long Beach are connected via the Vincent Thomas Bridge. One end basically starts right at the San Pedro cruise terminal & the other end is at "Terminal Island", which is considered the harbour area of Long Beach. In Long Beach is the original Cunard Queen Mary. It is permanately docked at the Long Beach harbour. In addition to tours of the ship, it is also a hotel. They have a wonderful, romantic bar, with piano playing sometimes. It is also adjacent to the "Seaport Village", in Long Beach, with neat shops and restaurants. You can check there website for more info. I just thought I'd give you my offbeat hotel idea. Have fun on your cruise. Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-20-2005, 04:49 AM

Bluelight,
I just had friends return from the Vision, and they stayed at the Sheraton LA Harbor. The hotel offers a special "Fly and Sail" package that includes round trip shuttle service from and to the airport, transfers to the ship from the hotel and a bottle of wine at check-in. Rooms were nice (not elegant, but more than adequate), attractive grounds and friendly staff. I am going to be staying there myself the night before my Radisson cruise in March.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-22-2005, 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
Bluelight,
I just had friends return from the Vision, and they stayed at the Sheraton LA Harbor. The hotel offers a special "Fly and Sail" package that includes round trip shuttle service from and to the airport, transfers to the ship from the hotel and a bottle of wine at check-in. Rooms were nice (not elegant, but more than adequate), attractive grounds and friendly staff. I am going to be staying there myself the night before my Radisson cruise in March.
Nancy

Closed Thread

Tags
forums, la, review