Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

Thanks, all, I think.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:26 AM

Psycho, I think what we're trying to say is enjoy your cruise, stay with groups, and rest assured that the cruise line will do everything in its power to make sure they don't dock somewhere unsafe. Best wishes!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Banned

Psycho, We did the Mex. Riv. in February. No problems whatsoever. Stay with organized tours or excursions offered through the ship as Penny stated. We were in Cabo and Mazatlan. Trouble can follow you anywhere. Even in the good ole' U.S. of A.
A'ndrea
Old 05-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Psycho, I agree with the above that staying with a cruise line excursion should allay any fears. We made a Mexican Riviera cruise in 2005, stopping in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta, and it was among our best cruises. Enjoy!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

want to get a cheap thrill? Just go up to the mexican army guys standing by the checkpoint to the pier..you know the ones with the machine guns and the bored looks on thier faces. with a completely serious face ask them to repeat the phrase "we don't need no stinkin' badges" they love it trust me. It's a great way to spend time before you jump back on your big safe ship...you can tell the federal guys from the local cops because they carry machine guns. they are usually posted outside the stores that sell rolex or other high dollar trinkets.

On a more serious note I think the chances of getting in the crossfire of a drug war while on vacation there are no more than if you walked around outside LAX or JFK or any airport in a big us city.
I did read a story about a busload of tourist, in costa rica i think, that fought off a gang of bandits that were trying to rob them...some ex-military senior citizen got shot, kicked some *** and ran them off. the tour bus took him to the hospital and he was all right. the local cops busted the bandits. That and the african pirates that attcked that one cruiseliner, another band of morons. those are the only attacks I have heard of lately but i guess they really downplay any that do happen.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

Psycho, how's that cruise to the Mex. Riv. coming along?

A'ndrea
Old 06-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

Thanks for asking, Andrealovescruising. I've taken in what y'all have to say about the safety of the trip and I think we're probably going to go. I'll do a little more research on the specific regions where the ship goes and I'll contact the state department to see if there are any travel advisories for the region.

Hopefully I won't go "psycho" during the planning process.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Banned

Psycho,
Sounds like you have it all under control.
And, please don't go "psycho" when planning your trip. That wouldn't be good. Stay calm, cool and collected and your plans will come together nicely.

A'ndrea
Old 06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Banned

So, psycho, if you do decide to go, and you choose the 3/16 date on Vision of the Seas, look me up. I'll be the one at embarkation from whom wine is being confiscated.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:34 AM

Psycho,

You have indeed livened up the forum and are intuitive, wise and often times hilarious but remain somewhat of a mystery man/woman. What part of the world do you come from?

Closed Thread

Tags
cancelled, drug, mexicos, ports