Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2006, 06:30 PM

We will be cruising the Mexican Riviera on the Diamond Princess in November. Our time in Cabo is brief - about 5 hours. I understand this is a tender port and passengers are allowed to tender to shore based on a number system. Do those who have a shore excursion booked have priority? We are a group of 8 who can not agree on what to do in this port. My thoughts are that if our time is short and we have to wait to get to shore, we may have little to time to explore on our own. Am I unnecessarily concerned or is this one port where a pre- booked shore excursion is strongly recommended? Thanks for any advice you can share.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:52 AM

I think with that short a time, a pre-booked excursion may be the way to go. And yes, I believe those booked on excursions through the cruise line do get tender priority.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:03 AM

Hey Digger! We are also booked on the Diamond Princess for the November 11th sailing. Just received our excursion booklet the other day and still looking for good excursions. On other cruises, we usually do our own thing but you're right, we aren't in Cabo very long!!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:18 PM

We have been to Cabo on both the Diamond Princess and the Sapphire Princess. You are correct about this being a short stop with very little time in port. Both times we booked shore excursions through the ship for the express purpose of getting off the ship early whithout having to wait in line. The passengers booked on the shore excursions with the early departure times are the first passengers off the ship. I would recommend you do this in Cabo.

We particulary enjoyed the Kayak excursion where you kayak out to Los Arco and spend some time on Lover's Beach. We then had several hours to explore Cabo on our own before returning to the ship.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:00 PM

Has anyone here ever done the underwater scooter trip in Cabo?

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, cabo, cruise, cruises, cruising, explore, port, princess, ship, shore, tender, tip, tips, tricks