Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM

Hello, My wife and I have booked a cruise on the Oceania Nautica. We sail in Feb of 2008. I'm concerned about our safety in Komodo, Padang, Semarang, Indonesia and Ko Samui, Bangkok, Thailand. Also Singapore. I have taken 11 cruises in many other parts of the world but never this area. This is also our first trip with Oceania. Any coments would be welcome. Thanks Peter
Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 AM

Hello, My wife and I have booked a cruise on the Oceania Nautica. We sail in Feb of 2008. I'm concerned about our safety in Komodo, Padang, Semarang, Indonesia and Ko Samui, Bangkok, Thailand. Also Singapore. I have taken 11 cruises in many other parts of the world but never this area. This is also our first trip with Oceania. Any coments would be welcome. Thanks Peter
Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
I am sure if there is a major problem in the port of call Oceania will not stop there.

There are problems all over that part of the world so if you are not comfortable then you still have time to cancel the cruise.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 04-21-2007, 10:36 PM

Hi Peter

We're Aussies. The husband's sister and husband did a cruise around Asia recently (don't know who with)had a ball.

And our son works all over Asia - no problems there either. Jakarta this week, Singapore the week before, Bangkok before it and China (Shanghai) tomorrow. I kid you not.

Your cruise sounds fun to me.

Von
Old 04-22-2007, 08:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by planger1:
Hello, My wife and I have booked a cruise on the Oceania Nautica. Thanks Peter

You might find this thread interesting ...though it does do part of Asia not all the ports you will be doing. It is a good read in any case.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=528321
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 08-03-2007, 08:02 PM

I don't know about the ports, but have sailed on Oceania and it was a top notch cruise. Those are great ships with very good service.

Closed Thread

Tags
austrialian, cruises, komodo