Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 AM

Hi- I am sailing on Celebrity Century in Feb to Costa Rica and Panama Canal. Can anyone tell me about the shore excursions at either of these ports? I'm getting mixed messages about what things to do. Has anyone had an outstanding experience that they can recommend?
Thanks
Old 01-08-2006, 08:46 AM

We were there last year, but on Princess. We took the coffee plantation tour in Costa Rica. If it is offered, I highly recommend it. It was pricey, but it was unusual and fun.

have fun!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:22 AM

Ok I went on Carnival but I enjoyed the Grand Tour of Panama Canal it includes a trip to the Gatun locks to see a ship pass, a senic boat ride in the Gatun lake to meet the Umbria Indians, ask questions, see them dance and buy crafts. It was nice but very hot down there you might want to pack a spray bottle to mist yourself with water during the day. In Costa Rica I went to the Sloth Sanctuary it was low key but interesting. The baby orphaned Sloths are adorable nice if your an animal lover. If you like something more exciting try white water rafting here everyone who went had a blast!

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 03-07-2006, 11:48 AM

Do you recall which company offered the white water rafting? Was it booked through the cruiseline?

Closed Thread

Tags
canal, carnival, celebrity, century, cruise, excursion, gatun, grand, lake, locks, panama, review, reviews, tour