Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2004, 05:10 AM

I have a few questions about how things work at non-ship shore excursion companies. I have been on a few cruises and have done lots of ship sponsered trips, along with going off on my own to explore, but have not used a tour company at any ports. I hope some of your experiences can help in my decision making.

1) Do most (or any) of these companies make you pay up-front when you make your reservation?

2) If the ship either cant dock or skips the port due to weather how does that affect any agreement you have with the company

3) If the ship is late getting into port and you miss your time on the reservation will they allow you to go at another time slot?

4) and God forbid they have problems and cant get you back to the ship on time how do they handle this.

Thanks again for any help you can offer on this
Old 04-13-2004, 05:10 AM

I have a few questions about how things work at non-ship shore excursion companies. I have been on a few cruises and have done lots of ship sponsered trips, along with going off on my own to explore, but have not used a tour company at any ports. I hope some of your experiences can help in my decision making.

1) Do most (or any) of these companies make you pay up-front when you make your reservation?

2) If the ship either cant dock or skips the port due to weather how does that affect any agreement you have with the company

3) If the ship is late getting into port and you miss your time on the reservation will they allow you to go at another time slot?

4) and God forbid they have problems and cant get you back to the ship on time how do they handle this.

Thanks again for any help you can offer on this

Closed Thread

Tags
companies, company, cruise, excursion, excursions, port, reviews, shore, tour