Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2002, 02:21 PM

when you prebook an excursion, does the ship personal have your paperwork in your room waiting or do you receive a confirmation over the net?

What are the pro's and con's on prebooking an excursion. If you can't tell, this is my first time cruising.

THanks
Old 12-12-2002, 02:21 PM

when you prebook an excursion, does the ship personal have your paperwork in your room waiting or do you receive a confirmation over the net?

What are the pro's and con's on prebooking an excursion. If you can't tell, this is my first time cruising.

THanks
Old 12-12-2002, 10:14 PM

What cruise line are you sailing on? I wouldn't do it any other way. Have done it 3 times with Princess, and once with Celebrity. Both act somewhat differently. Celebrity uses a regular credit card, and you pay for your excursions when you book. With Princess, you charge the excursions to your shipboard account. I prefer Celebrity, as shipboard accounts tend to get high. In either case, print out your receipt when you make the reservations. You cabin steward will either have the tickets in the room, or deliver them to you shortly after your arrival. By booking in advance, you'll know right away whether or not you got the excursions wanted, and be less apt to be disappinted because of it being oversold. I love doing it online, and not traveling anymore with another cruise line that doesn't do it, as their entire shore excursion process is very antiquated, to say the least. Have fun, try it, as I'm sure you'll like it. When you get your shore excursion book, go through and figure out what you want or don't want. Do a first and second pick, just in case. Let me know how you make out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2002, 04:32 PM

Thank you, Sue. We are traveling Royal Caribbean. Can't wait. We kinda thought that it would be in our best interest to prebook. That way we can board the ship and not worry about excursion lines. I'm sure they are very long. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
card, charge, credit, prebooking, rcl