Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 PM

we would like to do a hawaiian cruise and are looking for any recomendations. what cruise line? what time of year? itinerary? anything else??

thank you so much!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Mandy,

I suggest that you look at cruises that go round trip from Los Angeles or San Diego to Hawaii. I recommend this because you save the expense and time of flights to and from Hawaii. And both Los Angeles and San Diego but especially San Diego are great ports. Air arrangements to Los Angeles are probably cheaper and easier, but a visit to San Diego either before or after a cruise is a real travel treat.

Please note that these cruises are very popular so there won't be many bargains. There is a lot of competition so hopefully you will find an attractive price. The time of the year doesn't matter because the weather in Hawaii doesn't change much during the year (at least this is my understanding but maybe someone will correct me here).

Please let me know if you need more information.

Fred
Old 07-11-2006, 09:51 PM

Mandi,

Addenda....Look at several search engines such as Vacations to Go, Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak, and others (and not necessairly in this order) to see the cruise lines that provide this itinerary, prices, and so on.

Also, consider renting a car on each island because car rentals are reasonable and you will have great flexibility to see what you want at much less cost than ship tours. I am not anti ship tours but rather, driving in Hawaii is very easy and there is no language difficulty.

Hope that this helps,

Fred
Old 07-14-2006, 08:11 PM

We recently booked a cruise to Hawaii that leaves from Ensenada Mexico and is a one way 12 day cruise and we will fly back to Los Angeles after a few extra days in Hawaii. Carnival offers this cruise only once a year, actualy there are four Hawaii cruises, Ensenada to Hawaii, Hawaii to Vancouver and then the oposite on return. I am looking forward to the trip.

RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Spirit to Hawaii 4/2007 booked
Old 08-13-2006, 04:45 AM

We took the Island Princess in March 2 years ago from LA to Hawaii and back to LA. I am saving up to go back again. It was the perfect cruise. My job is very high stress so the 5 days at sea before arriving in Hawaii was a wonderful way to relax and unwind. Then came 5 days in a row at each island where we tried to see and do everything and wore ourselves out. Then 5 days back to rest and recuperate. Fantastic. The weather was wonderful and Princess, as usual was terrific.
Norwegian Gem 2007 (Transatlantic)
Island Princess 2007 (Hawaii)
Caribbean Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Island Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Splendour of the Seas 2006 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2005 (Hawaii)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2005 (Caribbean)
Sapphire Princess 2005 (Mexico)
Caribbean Princess 2004 (Caribbean)
Star Princess 2004 (Europe / Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Caribbean)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Monarch of the Seas 2002 (Caribbean)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2000 (Mexico)
Old 08-14-2006, 03:34 PM

I just came of pride of aloha and despite the varying negative reviews, I quite enjoyed this ship. This was my first cruise and was the right one for me. My main goal was to spend more time on the Hawaiian ilsands and less time on the ship. I am on the hyperside , so I like to do things on land and see the people and places as much as I can. I was on the ship only to eat, sleep and shower. It was my floating hotel, and a very reasonable way to see the islands. The ship however was good, and I found the employers rather helpful. I find if you treat others as you want to be treated they will do thier best to please you. If your here mainly for the islands first, then take this trip. If you like cruising luxury style then take the other ships that are out to sea longer. Either way go see Hawaii, you will fall in love with it. I am already planning to book with NCL again because I can spend more time in the ports. Cheers!
Kim
Old 08-16-2006, 04:31 PM

We are going on the Summit (Celebrity) Dec 21, 2007 for 15 days out of LA. This will be our first trip to Hawaii.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:02 PM

Lola,

Consider flying in and out of the Long Beach airport as it is much closer to the Port of Los Angeles and much less hassle than LAX.

Also, I suggest that you fly in a day early and stay in San Pedro, which is the nearest city to the Port of Los Angeles. There is a wide selection of hotels, that is, from budget to expensive in the San pedro area.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, back, cal, cruise, cruises, diego, fly, hawaii, los, princess, reviews, rhapsody, round, ruise, san, seas, trip