Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:46 PM

We are taking the Pride of America cruise in November for our 20th anniversary. I have booked excursions for all days except for our actual anniversary day. We will be in Maui that day. I want to do something really spectacular and I am looking for ideas. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Probably the most spectacular thing you can do on Maui would be a helocpter tour of the island. If that is a little too spectacular, a visit to Haleakala National Park and its amazing crater would be a good choice too.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:59 PM
How long do you have in Maui? We rented a car and explored the island, had lunch in a little town, went to the beach, found a botanical garden, and just explored. The car rental facilities are at the airport, but they have shuttles to and from the port. I reserved a car before we left, but found there were cars still available when we got to the rental facility. Maui is a beautiful island. Enjoy it and have a wonderful anniversary.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 AM

I agree with f-mattox; being at the top of Haleakala at sunrise would be the most spectular way to start an anniversary day off but unless you are there overnight that would be out of the question as it requires an early start and warm cloths (blankets). It is still worth the ride for the view of the top and the surrounding island views. Another great thing would be a sunset champagne dinner on a boat out of Lahaina. Enjoy your day !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM

The Lahaina Luau is suppose to be one of the best.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 AM

We did the Luau there when we spent a week and preferred it to the one on Oahu at the Polynesian Cultural Village although they did have a wonderful show there in the evening. On Maui, the show started with the performers coming ashore on long boats..Don't know if they still do that.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
america, anniversary, car, cars, cruise, day, excursions, haleakala, maui, package, pride, rental, reviews