Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Ports of Call Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 05:44 AM

hi,

can you tell me more about things to do in manzanillo, puerto vallarta, mazatlan and cabo san lucas?

we want to go on private tour and see more than only beaches around. any special ideas?

what about car rental - or is it better to take a cab?

thanks a lot!!

ahoy,

Old 01-11-2006, 07:12 AM

Hi Marc,

did you check our sister site, http://www.mexicoportreviews.com/?

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-15-2006, 12:12 PM

I went on a snorkel cruise in Cabo, they had a an open bar on the catermeran, which was well worth it alone. I dont remember the name of the excursion, but any of the ones that take you out to the arches to snorkel and then sail around should do. It was a good time.
Mazatlan, I only went to the tourist area of Mazatlan where the Hotel Zone, and we just did some shopping, and then had the best shrimp at the Shrimp Factory. Finished it off by going to Senor Frogs. I would also try to go to the Pacifico brewery for a tour.
Puerto Vallarta, we first shopped around town, and ate at a corner joint with a good people watching advantage point(dont remember name), then we went down to Chinos Paradise which is the best, along with LaJolla Mismalloya(bay). Beautiful and a great beach for sunning and swimming. I also used one of the hotel pools why I was there, just look like you belong.
Hope this helps, we had a great time, oh by the way, go to the Gigglin Marlin in Cabo, and Hooters in P.V.
Lots of fun...

Art
Old 01-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Administrator

In Mazatlan, we enjoyed a tour into the Sierra Madres. We visited several small towns, saw how they made bricks, tiles, and furniture (different stops), and then viewed a cultural show. It was a wonderful tour and we would do it again. We booked through the ship, so I'm unable to recommend any private tours, yet the ship tour was about the best we've ever taken and was worth every penny. JMHO.

In Puerto Vallarta, you can easily catch the public bus into town, according to friends of mine who do this routinely. In Cabo San Lucas, friends of ours did a whale watching tour and raved about it. I've not yet visited Manzanillo.

This is a super itinerary. Enjoy!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:32 PM

In Puerto Vallarta leave the port area and walk a block out to the main avenue. Negotiate with one of the yellow taxis (the white ones cost more) to take you to Mismalloya. This cost us 150 pesos ($15) for 4 people. This will give you a quick overview of the Puerto Vallarta area from North to South. After enjoying the beach, walk back up the dirt road to the main highway. Walk across the road and wait for the bus to take you back to Puerto Vallarta--5 pesos per person. The bus will let you off in the older section of Puerto Vallarta. Wander/shop/explore as you head northward. Enjoy a walk along the malecon. When you are done, take the bus/taxi back to the ship.

In Mazatlan, we took the ship's tour of the Sierra Madre. This included the brick making stop, the furniture making stop, and stops in Concordia and Copala. They also stopped for a short time in the Golden Zone before returning to the ship. This is a great tour and it gives you a great overview of this part of Mexico. One of the best shore excursions we have ever been on.

In Cabo we always enjoy the sea kayaking. You kayak from the main beach, across the bay to the arch. Then you spend some time at lover's beach before returning to the main beach.

Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, cruise, cruises, feb, mazatlan, mexican, ncl, riveria, riviera